Take The Pain Away

—TAKE THE PAIN AWAY—

TAKE THE PAIN AWAY

●♤♤●

I stared at Alec in concern. I kept a firm grip, making sure to take some of the pain away. It was enough to make me wince.

"Concentrate." Hodge snapped a little as he added a mark to Alec's parabatai rune. "Reach out with your mind and heart. Use every strand, every fibre of you that is connected to him." Hodge instructed, and Alec groaned a little, squeezing my hand tightly.

I used my powers to take some of his pain away again.

"It's working. I can see him." Alec managed to say before he began groaning from the pain. "Jace!"

~

It had been a few minutes, and Hodge squinted a little.

"You know where he is?" He asked, and a wave of untrust washed over me. I suddenly felt like i couldn't trust Hodge. Had he just been giving off shady vibes?

Anyway, Alec nodded but the happy-ish moment was ruined as his blood curdling screams filled the room. It pained me to know he in pain.

"Fuck." I muttered, deciding i should do something. I sighed and placed a hand on Alec's forehead. He was groaning in pain still and i couldn'y stand it.

"Verena, stop." Hodge said, and i shook my head. I didn't answer him, i just clenched my eyes closed and prevented the scream that wanted to erupt from me.

It had worked. Alec wasn't groaning anymore. He wasn't in as much pain. I was taking most of it. I had to. But doing that, i also saw where Jace was.

"Fuck." I cursed again. I needed to help them. Clary may be a brat but Jace still meant something to Alec. I knew it. And i had to do something. "Keep him alive or stable or-just...keep him- you know what i mean." I told Hodge before i left. I quickly went to the centre of the Institute and though on where i wanted to go.

To Jace. Take me to Jace. 

"I have to shut the entrance."  I heard Meliorn say, and i concentrated more on him. I had to get there. "More demons are coming."

With a sigh i felt myself levitate of the ground. By the time i opened my eyes again, i was in the forest.

The Seelie realm.

"What about Clary?" I heard Jace say, so i quickly sprinted to them. I passed a couple demons, so i took out my blade and killed them. Time was passing too quickly. Time was not on our side. I looked over my shoulder, just before i got to Jace and Meliorn, and saw more demons. "You said you Seelies protect other dimensions."