So Close

—SO CLOSE—

SO CLOSE

●♤♤●

As soon as Jace, Clary and I got through the Portal, i fell to my knees. Because of the sudden action, Jace and Clary weren't quick enough to keep me standing.

My knees hit the stone first, then my hands. I grunted. I refused to cry out.

"Rea. Okay. It's okay. It's okay. We're here, it's okay." Clary ramples, trying to pick me up again. I did, however, manage to stand on my own.

"No going back now, bitches." I smirked, trying to lighten the mood. However, the mood left once we looked around. There were test tubes, empty lockers, syringes, hospital tools. All just....there. But no one but us was here.

I huffed and grabbed my own stele, running it over the healing rune to activate it. But it didn't work. Not properly, anyway.

"Magnus was right." Clary sighed. "It's not working."

"It's enough for me." I snapped, moving fowards with a slight hobble.

"What is all this?" Clary asked, seeing everything i saw. All the potions, tools and just....lab shit.

"The makings of an army." Jace answered coldly, and i sighed.

"There's no one here. What a great army." I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

"Did Meliorn lie to us? He said that that Portal would take us to my father." Clary said, and i found it hard to believe Meliorn would lie. I don't think he physically could lie. We all jumped at the sound of banging on a door - no, locker - and turned.

"Get behind me." Jace demanded, pushing us a little behind him. He took a step forwards and opened the door, seraph blade at the ready. I kept my blade high, but Jace and Clary lowered their blades.

"It can't be. It can't be. You died. I saw it." Looking over Jace's shoulder, i noticed a man tied up. He was raggedy and dirty, his blonde hair knotty and....dirty. For a moment, i noticed the man was fixated on me. What a creep.

"Jace?" Clary questioned, and Jace sighed.

"Jace...." The man trailed off, almost in shock "Is it really you?"

"Jace, how do you know this man?" Clary asked, and Jace turned to us ever so slightly.

"He's my father."