People Change

—PEOPLE CHANGE—

PEOPLE CHANGE

●♤♤●

I stand with Izzy, completely baffled at the turn of events we had. How could we be so blind? How could we not know it was Hodge?

"I blame myself, for this." I muttered to my parabatai, who scoffed and slapped my shoulder.

"You shouldn't." She sharply hissed, and when i glanced at her, she was giving me a glare. I pouted and shrugged. I couldn't help but feel like i were to blame for this outcome.

"I tried protecting Hodge that day." Izzy knew i was talking about the Forsaken attack. Everyone was practically forbidden to say the name aloud, mainly because of the effect it had on Alec. He'd become either mad, silent or he would distance himself from everyone; including me.

"Because you thought he was worth saving." Izzy replied softly, before walking off. Did i really think Hodge was worth saving? No, not really. But it would've been my head if i hadn't done what i did.

I was thankful, though, because i wouldn't be as strong as i was now, had i not done it. I guess everything, even something as silly as protecting a traitor, has its pro's.

"Jace, what are you doing?" I looked up and spotted Clary, walking towards Alec and Jace, who were gathering weapons.

"Every second we waste here, Hodge gets closer to Valentine." The man snapped almost. I knew he was kicking himself up over letting Valentine go, i was a bit as well. I could've killed the man, but i hadn't. I couldn't. Not because he was in relation to Clary, i could care less about that, but because i was weak.

"Hey, we're a team, all right? I know you're mad right now, but Hodge could be dangerous." Clary spoke and i sighed, walking up to the pair. The heels clicked against the floor as i walked and my hair bounced slighlty. I sighed deeply as i looked Jace in the eyes.

"Jace Wayland...I don't say this lighty..." I sighed again, trailing off. Was i about to say this? "..so take this fucking seriously....i agree with Clary." I winced at my own sentence before shuddering. "Okay, i'm leaving this vacinity." I grimaced before walking off a little ways. I waved to my husband as he looked at me and smiled a little, walking off completely as i go to try and find Izzy. Better then standing near...them.

~

Me, Izzy and Clary were now, stupidly - might i add - inside the Hotel DuMort. The room was packed with blood thirsty vampires, and Simon was there, he was one of them too. This was one of the first times i was properly seeing Simon, or at least, being within his eyesight for more then five to ten minutes.