Knight In Shining Armour

—KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOUR—

KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOUR

●♧♧●

Me and Izzy were making our way into the back entrance to the Hotel DuMort.

I wasn't really talking to my sister, not really wanting to.

She'll say something stupid or something that was right but I don't want to admit.

That's how it usually goes.

"You're really not gonna talk to me, are you?" She asked as we walked through a hallway.

"That's because you have no idea what you're talking about." I bit back, rolling my eyes as I steadied, well, readjusted my bow in my hands.

"But I do. You're hiding from yourself, not me." She said softly. Here goes the part she says something right. "You have feelings for her, whether you like them or not, Alec." Oh, but I do like them.

No, shut up, Alec.

"This is not the time or place, Izzy." I told her instead. She just scoffed.

"I don't know. Looks pretty smooth so far." We climbed up a ladder, entering another room on the next floor. "This must be the way." She opened a door and we laid eyes on a bunch of vamps ready to eat us for dinner.

We closed the door quickly, leaning against it as the vampires began pounding on it, wanting to kill us.

"Well, not that smooth." I leant away from the door, taking out my stele and trying to draw a rune which will keep the vampires away from us.

But, from the downworlders trying to break it down, it was pretty difficult.

"Any day now." Izzy sarcastically said, and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, if you hold the door still, it might be a lot easier." I quipped, drawing the rune again but sighed. "It's not taking it."

Snatching my blade, Izzy cut off a large piece of pipe and shoved it in between the door handle and the wall.

"Whoever said, "The pen is mightier than the sword", was an idiot." She huffed, standing away from the pounding door.

"When you're right, you're right." I shrugged.

●♤♤●

I opened my eyes slowly, reaching to my throat. When I pulled my hand away, the blood was still there and still relatively fresh. I hadn't been out long.