Keeping Faith

—KEEPING FAITH—

KEEPING FAITH

●♤♤●

I stood in a forest, near a lake.
The wind was blowing softly, ruffling my strawberry blonde hair side to side gently.

I blinked slowly taking in the unfamiliar surroundings.

"Verena." I turned and a bright glowing figure appeared by the lake.

As it floated towards me, the bright glow dimmed and a man with black hair, pale-ish skin and forest green eyes with these golden wings showed.

"R-Raziel?" I stammered. The feeling of being able to talk shook me, but also seeing the being that gave us our powers and abilities stood in front of me.

"It's not your time to leave the Shadow World." He told me, and I frowned.

"What–"

"Your prophecy has not been fulfilled. Your life has not been completed." The Angel walked towards me, gently placing his hand to my face. "My daughter, I have watched you from the day you left your mothers womb."

"She wasn't really my mother, though, was she?" I sneered, and Raziel chuckled.

"Oh, you remind me of myself."

"You want me to start calling your father?" I said sarcastically, but by the small smile on his face, I wasn't far off.

"I'll accompany you here, in your mind, until you wake." Raziel said, and i frowned again.

"I'm not awake? But...Alec–"

"He's fine." He assured me. "He is set to marry Lydia."

"She deserves it." I mumbled. "I'm not good for him."

"How so, Verena?"