He ain't Michael

—HE AIN'T MICHAEL—

HE AIN'T MICHAEL

●♤♤●

Michael had persisted on me and Jace training together. So, here i was, boxing against Jace.

Even with my recent wounds and Demon attack, i still got more hits on Jace.

"Come on!" Michael almost growled out as he watched us. "Again." Me and Jace hit at eachother again. I got him in his side, then his leg. "Come on! Something's wrong. Us Shadowhunters mend quickly, but after her attack, she shouldn't be able to get a shot in on you. You're weak." Michael almost spat at Jace.

"It's my bond with Alec Lightwood. He purposefully weakened it trying to find me and Clary." I glared at Jace, who slightly flinched under my gaze.

"Clary." Michael said, almost as fascinated as he seemed to be when looking at me.

"What do you mean "Clary"?" Jace questioned, getting confused.

"You were with Clary and Verena instead of Alec. If he was so desperate he weakened the bond to find you, you were hiding from him." Michael stated and i crossed my arms over my stomach, raising a brow at Jace. "How dows that happen?"

"Clary has the Mortal Cup." Jace answered. "The Clave wants it. Alec and...Rea, sided with the Clave. We can't trust the Clave."

"And you don't trust Alec? Or...Rea? So Clary means more to you." Michael said. As if he was trying to nit-pick Jace's head.

"No, i do. I trust him. This is different." Jace denied, shaking his head.

"It should be." Michael agreed. "But i've been watching you. When she suggested that she and Luke go to scout Renwick's..."

"Well, she was right." Jace huffed. "You said so yourself, i needed to train." As if that justified his answer. I rolled my eyes and walked off a little. I was within ear-shot but i couldn't stand to be in the middle of their....father-son duo moment. But they hadn't continued the conversation.

Or at least, they had become much quieter...or i had walked off much more than planned. I missed Alec, you know.

This is probably one of the longest time i've spent away from him. Excluding the times where i have been rendered unconscious.

I didn't know how long i had been just...there, but Clary and Luke had returned. I was called back, and we now stood in a group.

"Group get-togethers...yippee." I muttered. I didn't feel comfortable in the presence of Michael. If that was who he really was.