. . . . chapter three.

( ❑❑❑ )

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

as someone who lived alone, doyoung was in a massive state of panic.

he arrived to his apartment with an unlocked door and missing keys. it was prone to happen though, since he always hid his keys in the flowerpot. it was really a dumb idea but he liked it because he figured someone could not have thought of an action too dumb unless they were on his level of genius.

he pulled out the bottle of chanel perfume on his bag for it to serve as his pepper spray in case the alleged robber was armed, cautiously entering his home.

to his relief, it was just a familiar old man. nothing much to worry about. maybe if you exclude the deafening business talk. at least he didn't have to waste his perfume for that.

"dad?"

mr. kim was staring at his living room's wall full of polaroids with his old school friends and his mom, hands in his pockets. "you've been ignoring my calls."

he was beyond irritated. the only reason why he rented an apartment in a hell of a location was to avoid his dad randomly barging in as much as possible. now he was inside, still wearing his dirty shoes. nevertheless, he tried accepting the fact that his was unavoidable thanks to the connections his dad harbored.

"i've only been focusing on studying like you always tell me to, dad."

"i wish you just quit your lawyer dream," the old man said. "criminal defense? justice? bullshit. the world will never run out of bad guys, son. stop being one of those people who think they can solve it. just take over our business. be of much help to the economy instead."

"i don't wanna run the business. you have my brother for that."

"if i don't look desperate enough, i could call your school right now and you know, get this all over with."

doyoung shoved the phone that had his his principal's number typed in away before mr. kim could press the dial button, rage running through his veins in an instant.

"i'm twenty-six years old, dad. i don't want you to be involved in my life anymore, but somehow you always are and i— i hate it," he cried out, "i miss out on so many things because apparently, i'm 'financially overqualified'. that's because of you! all the causes of shitty things that happen to me always lead back to you! i never—"

mr. kim gave him an open handed slap on his head before he could finish what he was saying. as the pain was too much, he dropped down to his knees, numbness following right after. his right ear couldn't stop ringing, while the tears his right eye formed caused his sight to be blurry.

"don't talk to me like that again."

not anymore caring if he looked pathetic, he laid a hand on his dad's polished shoe, already shaking.

"let me continue . . . please. i'll do anything. please?"

the state doyoung was currently in made mr. kim broke into what seems like a disgustingly sadistic, smug smile. he kneeled seconds after too to meet his eye level.

"good."

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

( ❑❑❑ )