. . . . chapter twenty-eight.

( ❑❑❑ )

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

raeil couldn't stop thinking about last night.

it was all too much for her to handle to the point where the school dentist got weirded out by her giddy mood and how she was smiling at air during staff attendance checking first thing in the morning.

the memory of a tipsy doyoung in front of her while the moon shined remained vivid. even details as small as how red his lips and cheeks were, how his fingers hit all the right strings to produce freestyled masterpieces, how his humming alongside them, and how the way their eyes still always find their ways to stop at each other. all was perfect.

and the best thing was, at that moment, she had nothing to hide. she wasn't the 'communist' daughter of a rich ceo. nor did she have to worry about looking too desirable to be rejected by another child of a ceo she had a blind date with. she was just herself. she was moon raeil, staring at a boy she genuinely admired.

she first thought she was dreaming when she first saw his build in front of the clinic's transparent door in the middle of her reading. unusual courtesy called her. she put her novel down to open the door for him, then led him to the folding chair in front of her desk.

what caught her eyes, apart from how much he resembled a bunny with the smile serving as his hello, was the big tote bag hanging from his shoulder.

"what's that?"

"my mom's things."

it struck raeil. his mom was mrs. kim, the sweet history teacher who went missing. why did he clear out her faculty station though? was she already found? perhaps . . . . her lifeless bo— no. no. she hoped not.

"anyway, why'd you leave me there earlier?" doyoung let the growing awkwardness go.

"you were sleeping. didn't want to bother."

"so you knew i was sleeping? you were watching me!"

"no it— it's a given for you to be asleep. do you think i'm a creep?"

"okay," he teased, unconvinced. "okay."

"i'm serious!"

what he said next out of the blue, with no relation to what they were talking about, almost made her lose her mind.

"i'm sober now."

oh.

'when you're sober i'll give you an answer.'

she wasn't ready yet.

especially when she hasn't even consulted her best friend.

"i have work to do."

"rae--"

to get out of the situation, she poorly faked a phone call, spinning her chair away from the man. "oh, yes ma'am. really, ma'am?"

doyoung sensed everything. he just took a deep breath and left, waving at the woman who pretended to not notice.

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

( ❑❑❑ )