. . . . chapter twenty-four.

( ❑❑❑ )

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

raeil video called moonyoung once doyoung (who she did not know had her number) texted her about her best friend getting involved in an accident.

the two of them popped up her phone screen, green hospital curtains and gas disinfectants continuously blending in with the air seen on their background.

moonyoung had a bandage wrapped on her head and a couple medical patches on her neck.

the nurse expressed downright concern as she put a deeper explanation on what happened to her.

"you fell off a building? you okay?" raeil asked in utter shock.

"i was perfectly fine but this asshole decided to pull me here!"

soon enough, they found another petty thing to bicker over again, even lightly pushing each other to express their anger. they didn't even care if their volume disturbed the other patients and their personnel outside.

it frustrated her.

"hey, stop!"

both muttered their sorries after hearing her yell, still subtly glaring at each other.

"did you get a ct scan?" raeil changed the topic, hoping the air would finally be cleared.

doyoung answered this time. "yes. nothing to worry about, they said."

the black-haired woman snickered. "told you this was useless."

"if it was useless, i wouldn't have had to pay for your bills. or waste my time here to wait for you to wake up."

"i didn't even ask you to do it!"

"if i didn't what would you do? can't tell jeonghan and your dad you fell because of another rally, right?" he argued.

"do not—"

the brunette on the other line intervened. "i'll call you later. i'm still on shift. take care!"

"bye, raeil."

raeil ended it with a plastered smile, it fading the moment she turned her phone off. for some reason, an indescribable ache in her heart planted itself in, it eating her up little by little.

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

( ❑❑❑ )