. . . . chapter fifteen.

( ❑❑❑ )

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

on the way to school, raeil clutched her coat, hiding her dress that she needed for her date with doyoung right after her dismissal closer, as she reached the convenience store's smoking area full of sketchy-looking people.

the eyes school's basketball coach found her. he voluntarily unattached neon e-cigarette from his lips. she shivered, quickening her pace.

the man whistled when she finally walked past him. he brushed his hair back with his tongue poked to the inside of his cheek, thinking he was so hot.

"wow, ms. nurse. all dolled up, huh? who you try'na impress?"

raeil glared, momentarily turning back.

"obviously not you. just continue vaping."

that, and the volume of her voice while saying it. infuriated him and his little ego. his friend, who was a silent presence next to him, could only hold back laughter.

( ❑❑❑ )

during her shift, she saw jeonghan on her glass door while she watched the sick sleeping kids wait for their moms to pick them up.

gladly, she let him enter. "hi, ma'am. lot of them are sick?"

"spring fever," she said. "how'd you get in by the way? do you have a kid now? what grade?"

"me? a kid? dang." he laughed, holding up a laminated card tied to an id lace. "it's not that hard for a normal person to get in, you know. they just give me a visitor pass."

jeonghan then continued, "the end of your shift is soon, right? wanna go out for dinner? i'll wait in my car outside."

not knowing how to break the news to him plastering such a genuine smile, she chewed on her bottom lip, hands fidgety.

"i'd really really love to, but i have plans tonight, sorry."

"is it a date?"

". . . yes."

the older's heart dropped. he knew it had been coming, but he had always stayed in denial. nevertheless, he managed to mask it all off with a convincing smile that showed not even the littlest bit of his disdain.

it was one of his fortes after all.

"it's alright. enjoy! you can call me if it doesn't work out, okay?"

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

( ❑❑❑ )