. . . . chapter twenty-nine.

( ❑❑❑ )

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

[ do u even still remember this ?! ]

when moonyoung was kidnapped along an alley after seoul's protesters' gathering, she knew she was in trouble. hopefully her friends weren't.

she woke up in a room of dimmed light and dirty stone walls. it was as eerie as the settings in those murder movies. the knock-out drug making her vision spin did not help at all.

the first clear thing to pop in front of her was the horrifying figure of mr. kim, his smirk as annoying as ever. oh how she wished she could just punch it off. if the drugs didn't make her whole body shut down she would've already done it.

"good morning!"

"i did nothing wrong," she mumbled out of habit, making mr. kim laugh.

he sat down on the chair across her, patting her hair. "of course you didn't! i just made you come here for a little daughter-in-law chat. you've been having too much fun, haven't you?"

moonyoung thought he looked just like doyoung. but worse. and rotting. and more annoying. and more punchable. and creepier.

he actually did not look like doyoung if you looked long enough. how could such an angelic face have that for a father?

"who says i'll be your daughter-in-law?"

"do you even know the system?"

he only earned a confused, dirty look.

he stood up, moving to the area behind her chair to whisper and lean. "do you remember the jungs? the ones who owned that food company? where are they now?"

there came another round of silence.

"exactly. you don't know. nobody knows that it was because the jungs' oldest son jaehyun chose to run away with a good for nothing commoner. of course that upset the family of his supposed wife. what else could they do but pull out their shares on the company that depended on their money?

"marriage is a business moonyoung. never take it personally. you're not one of the ignorants who choose fucking 'love' aren’t you?"

he continued with the fakest tone. "but the decision is always up to you. it's either you continue with the marriage, or run away and leave your family in shambles. i won't force you into anything. i just wanna make sure you choose wisely."

as if she was a thoughtless child, he brought up the spoon from the tray of food she failed to notice to her mouth, he offered her an unappetizing serving of rice and seaweed dipped in soup.

"screw you."

finally regaining her strength, moonyoung pushed away the spoon, spilling some of the oily food on his tie.

mr. kim grit his teeth and sighed.

"i'm letting this slide just this time, hae moonyoung."

eventually she was let go and got to thinking :

maybe i do need to marry doyoung.

but what about raeil?