. . . . chapter seven.

( ❑❑❑ )

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

café of starlit skies. 2pm.

raeil slightly regret her choices halfway through walking to the café.

her feet could not catch a break; the black stilettos moonyoung let her borrow were too big for her, so she had to carefully watch each of her steps unless she wanted to trip every second.

but this was for tuition anyway. it'll be easy. very easy.

yells from the street behind her caught her attention.

"my son!"

"oh no," she muttered, running as fast as she could right away with her heels, kneeling down in front of an injured, unconscious boy.

the driver who hit the boy panickily said, "i'm sure he didn't hit his head i— he just fell down when i slightly bumped into him and i— i wasn't driving fast, i swear!"

"save him, miss. please." the mother, a plastic bag of ice cream in her hand, was bawling his eyes out, gripping on raeil's arm tight in desperation.

the brunette did basic checks. to her gladness, his pulse was still strong, pupils still functioning.

"he just passed out so you can calm down. call an ambulance." 

she peeked at his scratched elbow, blood continuing to drip.

to stop the bleeding, raeil tore up a piece from her pink scarf and wrapped it around for pressure to be put.

"hey, kid, hey," she whispered. "wake up. your mom got an ice cream tub. don't you want it? open your eyes, come on."

raeil continuously tapped the boy's cheek. it worked! he loudly sobbed the moment he woke up. instead of usual crowd annoyance though, everybody cheered in relief.

numerous people sighed, yells of 'thank god' and 'he's alive' circulating.

( ❑❑❑ )

doyoung couldn't believe the kid he clicked his tongue at for stepping on his polished shoe was hit by a car in front of him seconds after.

the thought remained lingering in his head even after seating himself on the café.

what became his focal point though was that gorgeous woman in her pretty red dress who served as a savior.

at that very moment, doyoung stopped and stared. her eyes held so much determination for the boy's survival. her hair flew in the wind as smooth as the passing of a train, movement of her red lips conveying her focus. how beautiful.

she seemed awfully familiar too.

the suited man started to ponder. soon, he recalled more imageries from his past encounter, everything leading back to taeyong's office.

he finally got to pinpoint: ms. nurse! the one with that bald man!

with perfect timing, the very nurse rushed to slide on the seat in front of him. she tried to hide the blood-stained area by adjusting, but it was no use. she rolled it up and kept it inside her purse instead. it looked improper due to the large rip in the first place anyway.

so much for a bad luck charm.

"sorry i'm late." ms. nurse smiled, noticeably out of breath. "my name's hae moonyoung!"

what.

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

( ❑❑❑ )