. . . . chapter twenty-six.

( ❑❑❑ )

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

[ long time no see ]

after the paint splashes, they changed clothes. raeil lent doyoung a shirt and some basketball shorts taeil did not use anymore. they also collectively agreed on doing the job tomorrow instead but already paid just for seokmin's sanity.

"what the fuck is this raeil?" taeil pulled his younger sister to the side, furious. "are you setting me up?"

"no he— he's the 'first friend' i told you about that night, okay? i was shocked knowing he was the ace law student you hated too." "and i didn't know he'd be the painter coming over."

he rolled eyes, arms across his chest. it was his typical sulking expression. it sometimes made her wonder how such man could be the older sibling.

he's only ever mature with money.

then, feeling oh-so superior he savagely raised his chin towards doyoung who silently stared at the apartment's framed photos to grab his attention and . . . well . . . mark his dominance?

"you good at drinking?"

( ❑❑❑ )

turns out doyoung was good at drinking. or at least better than taeil.

because, after three bottles of beer each, taeil's words were already slurred, his head rotating by itself. his moods changed more often than a chameleon with its colors. and, like a changed chameleon, he was really red. all red from his ears to his neck.

watching from a distance was a painful thing for raeil. number one alcoholic not drinking? what a shame the principal tasked her to work overtime for another monthly student checkup. and what a shame she had to chaperone her brother who was intolerable when wasted and a man whose actions when influenced by alcohol she wasn't familiar with.

"i hate you," the older said with his face rested on the table. this made doyoung chuckle. he couldn't be that serious, right?

raeil was getting nervous. not in the way that it could be life threatening for their family. just in the hilarious way that he's about to embarrass himself in front of the classmate he envied and she was about to undergo it second-hand.

though nobody asked him to yet, he elaborated, "you fucking kiss-ass! raising your hand in mrs. kang's classes like a little fucking elementary know-it-all and sitting in front to get fucking seen. i bet you and your other tall johshit friend think you're above everyone doing this. you think that makes you good? i could honestly— a-are you laughing?"

doyoung could not hide how funny he found his whole rant. his laugh came out louder than expected, and, as much as he wanted to respect taeil's genuine strike in ego for his participation by being silent, he could not stop himself.

"you're my idol, mr. moon. much better than me, a fucking kiss-ass."

"i'm better . . . yeah. yeah i am better."

a few more shots then they passed out in front of each other.

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

( ❑❑❑ )