. . . . chapter twenty-five.

( ❑❑❑ )

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

[ fast forward ]

doyoung's friend LEE SEOKMIN lent his painting job to him for the day since he managed to get an unwanted client during his and his girlfriend's anniversary.

he had to be asked (perhaps even blackmailed) multiple times before giving in.

it did not excite him still.

"pay me extra for this," doyoung said as he got into the painter jumper he was lent, eyes rolling every now and then.

"i will. now don't bail on it, okay?"

seokmin patted him on the back as he received the response of an irritated nod, flashing a signature sunshine smile.

he cooed, "you're the best, doie."

( ❑❑❑ )

raeil had waited for her housepainter friend for nearly two hours. she knew seokmin; since high school, he'd always run late yet his grin would urge you into forgiving him for such lousiness. but a two hour delay? over something he'd get paid for? that's too much.

when she heard a knock on her apartment door, she perked up a little too much, practically dropping everything just to run to the door.

"what took you so l— doyoung?"

her eyes went wide once she saw the housepainter (not seokmin for sure). his black hair rested on his forehead, which was a new sight to her since it was always waxed up during their dates, the worn out brown jumper being his whole outfit. his lips were still as naturally pink as ever.

"raeil! what a coincidence." doyoung laughed, gladness replacing the initial shock. he held his supplies up right after. "paint?"

the mess inside came crashing into raeil's mind like an ocean wave. her imagining doyoung to simply step in was unpleasant. her cheap kitty pajamas did not help with lessening the embarrassment either.

she blocked him before he could even attempt entering to fulfill his duties. it confused him, who still stood there.

she didn't explicitly say 'you cannot enter', did she? was she already trying to alert him by the actions? was he even trying to enter in the first place. the signals were all unclear.

the struggle in her voice dripped. "no, no. d-don't—"

due to her persistent pushes, doyoung's body had lost control of itself. two buckets of paint spilled on the floor, much remains splattering on them. not only that, but the two soon lost their own balances too.

as he tipped forward, he landed on top of her, making sure he had pushed himself up with his hands on her sides to avoid crushing her. they remained like that for minutes like a cliche scene of a drama. the startledness prevented both from moving.

their eyes had also been lured to each other through that awkward moment they didn't know how to get themselves out of.

taeil entered at the perfect time with a beer box. his excitement to drink with his sister died down a little seeing the mess and one of the two causes.

what the fuck, he thought.

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

( ❑❑❑ )