. . . . chapter twelve.

( ❑❑❑ )

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

later that night, raeil finally got back to her real apartment at myeong-dong.

she unpacked her loaded eco-bag after half an hour of freshening up, hands reaching for the intricately detailed branded box she had been given earlier.

in her mind, images of doyoung flashed as she stared at the new shoes inside of them.

is he real? is he not part of a fever dream?

she kept repeating that since the first minute of the date when he let out a chuckle and looked like he was having one of the best days of his life throughout their time together. she expected him to be harsh with a face screaming he didn't want to be there. don't k-drama men set that standard? 

next, he was rich. old money rich. how could such a man act like that? how could a man be extra nice to the waitresses and salespeople? how could a man like that know all the bare minimums? how could a man say he's used to filth and rot? was it all an act so she'd think he would be like that all the time?

but damn, did she feel comfortable.

(according to moonyoung, she definitely should not have felt that way.)

even when she was half-asleep in her floral designed room, one of the many question truly stuck to her :

( ❑❑❑ )

"who are you?"

the question lingered in doyoung's mind too.

with such pretty eyes?

since his recalling of their three eventful encounters, he couldn't stop thinking about the hae moonyoung who certainly wasn't hae moonyoung.

when the woman who wasn't hae moonyoung plastered the most genuine of smiles while talking about her envious brother. and when she simply yet beautifully chugged down a bottle of beer without even batting an eye. and when she knelt down to medically assist and ruined her expensive-looking scarf with no hesitation just to save a poor boy. the list of the woman who wasn't hae moonyoung's exceptionality he's seen could go on.

oh, was she admirable.

and such a dazzling smile?

he got up from bed with the acoustic guitar he hadn't picked up in too long to the point where it collected the dust on the corner on his hand.

despite it being an action he had not done for a long time, he still had the chords memorized. not perfected though, considering the few disharmonious mess ups.

nevertheless, doyoung proceeded to strum his heart out, writing down the niceness of the pattern he came up with on the spot. his healed guitar string scars hit the strings that aligned with his emotions. a wide, self-sufficing beam where the corners of his mouth turned up into a way where it would be contagious.

the passion amid his heart's joy took control over him.

how could i have met such an enchanting woman?

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

( ❑❑❑ )