. . . . chapter thirteen.

( ❑❑❑ )

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

the two siblings taking the name of moon happily ate sunday dinner— take out chicken wings and soju mixed with soda— together on the low table.

taeil decided to spend his weekend at raeil's unit instead of his cramped dorm at his law school with a smart yet musty roommate who snorts cocaine daily. he was certain they believed in the saying that not showering makes one get higher marks on exams more.

"went home late last night?" he piped up.

"yeah. i had a date."

"date? where'd you meet a guy?"

". . . . tinder." she came up with a lie on the spot.

"someone swiped right seeing you?" his jaw dropped in the middle of chewing on a wing with little white meat left in its bone. "a miracle."

"oh shut up."

they gulped down their soju-soda mixture on their red foam cups at the same time, satisfied 'ah's also coming out in sync.

"anyway, remember kim dongyoung dude? with his illinois john bff?" taeil was eager to rant once more as he aggressively put down his cup.

"kim dongyoung." for some reason, the name rolled out her tongue as smooth as a hymn known by heart. "kim dongyoung."

"yes! him and illinois john, again, just . . . "

( ❑❑❑ )

"i wish i were you."

doyoung raised a brow at what his older brother KIM GONGMYUNG said. in the long table with the rare time they got to spend together unaccompanied and uninterrupted, both were already tipsy from their consumption of red wine with fruits as their sides.

he swirled his drink around the surface of the glass. "jealous that you don't get those tender slaps from dad?"

"of course not. just the fact that you get to do what you want." gongmyung sighed, popping a grape in his mouth. "i didn't become a theater major just to be forced into business school and become vice chairman."

the remark made the younger chuckle. he had already finished a full glass and prepared another as the other talked.

"all that because i got into law school like i wanted? please, i should be the one in envy. i never got anything spoon-fed by anyone, unlike you. you're the favorite child after all," he said, words slurred. "favored by the relatives, the general public, and our own father. what's not to love about a handsome, smart boy fit for leadership since he's not the rebellious child of a 'homewrecker' mom?"

after getting thrown attacks he could no longer counter, gongmyung felt guilt within speaking.

he knew his brother; he did not hold grudges and was normally sadboy-ish when exposed to alcohol, so it wasn't too heavy of a worry. nevertheless, he pat him on the shoulder and sympathetically grinned for reassurance.

"no need to take it so personally."

out of nowhere, doyoung drowsily laughed, head dropping to the table. it creeped gongmyung out, but instead of verbally judging, he just played along though obviously faked.

it went on for nearly fifteen minutes until he passed out.

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

( ❑❑❑ )