. . . . chapter nine.

( ❑❑❑ )

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

when he asks to eat out after that cafe meet up, next thing to do is switch to filthy mode.

men on these dates are spoiled and kept from the world's dirt. they're all the same. when he sees this place, i'm sure he'll not want more.

doyoung repeatedly jumped from the cockroaches roaming the table and touching his fingers. the unhygienic surroundings made him feel as if he was getting skinned off.

(the lady also had her thumb dipped on the soup before putting it on their table.)

raeil suppressed both laughter and satisfaction.

in a span of minutes, he gladly consumed the spicy soup with his pink lips sticking on the bowl's corner. he disregarded the spoon's residue and continued filling his mouth with spoonfuls of rice.

there and then, her smile dropped along with the levels of her excitement. the assumed smooth outcome was only the fruit of false judgement.

he asked, "are you trying to put me off with this, moonyoung?"

choking on her udon, she tried acting clueless. "what?"

"can't you do better? i know places worse than this."

not good.

"i'm not as 'sheltered rich kid'-y as you think, you know. i grew up eating a family's leftovers and living outside," he told, continuing to chew on a small cube of tofu. "like a sad puppy."

the woman looked down at her feet with pursed lips to express pity. 

( ❑❑❑ )

if he still doesn't budge, which i doubt, it means he has a modern mindset. this will kill him for sure. any man in his status, whether he's a modern thinker or a misogynist lover, hates it when a woman is extravagant.

she spun to him who was a few steps behind, a cheeky smile present. "let's go shopping."

"at this hour?"

"it's my number one rule to go shopping on every date."

doyoung shrugged, hand gestures grand. "as you wish."

( ❑❑❑ )

they entered the blinding stores with walls built by luxury. all those brands like chanel, dior, hermes; you name it! she had to give herself a mental reminder to not act too wowed since that wasn't a daughter of a chaebol thing.

"oh no, i left my wallet at home!" she faked distress, fixing her oh-so dreamy eyes at doyoung. "how about you buy me something, mr. kim dongyoung? to celebrate our first date?"

"sure. look around."

remember : uphold the extravagance.

"i want the most expensive things," she said while looking around with a saleslady tailing her, emphasis given. "where are your most expensive things?"

doyoung handed the saleslady herself his credit card. he grinned, shifting his gaze toward raeil.

"check out anything you want, moonyoung. regardless of the price."

she pulled out a white handbag from the table, admiring it, then checking its tag price (which also wasn't a chaebol thing but the numbers peeking made the thought leave her mind).

360,000 won.

shit's worth three months of my salary?! it doesn't even look like it's all that. it's so small!

she put it back with utter despisal even after the lady salestocked and said it'd be perfect with her dress of the same brand.

from behind, while she reached for the upper shelves, doyoung noticed her struggling with oversized stilettos.

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

( ❑❑❑ )