. . . . chapter six.

( ❑❑❑ )

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

hours before the date, after all their one-on-one seminars on how to act for plan succession, moonyoung let raeil explore her entire wardrobe room to choose fancy lunch date clothes for herself. with her confirmation, of course.

but oh was it hard when they had different tastes.

first outfit raeil pulled out was an off-shoulder mini gown made of silk.

"too formal," moonyoung commented.

she then came out the second time wearing a denim shirt dress with a neon green cardigan. black necklaces overlapped above her chest. a pair of sunglasses resting above her brown hair served as the look's finishing piece.

"too casual. and the colors? nah."

her third pick (which she admittedly was proud of) was made up of a floral blouse and a lavender maxi skirt combination. a purple headband with daisies as the design was also there. it definitely was her style. would've been perfect if she was solely dressing up for comfort.

"granny."

the other sneered. "rude."

for a light break, raeil pulled out a corny kid's shirt saying 'feeling mermazing', which already served as a hanging top because, well, it's for kids after all. its cotton was really good though so she wasn't complaining. it had matching mermaid print leggings she had to squeeze into.

as her side parted hair and accessories were pluses, she resembled 2000's emo kids. the black-haired woman only stared in horror.

"definitely not. that's mine? where'd you get that?"

next (she was genuinely hoping it'd be the last not because she loved the whole fit, but because she could not bear going inside the wardrobe once more with her tired legs) was a long-sleeved black velvet dress that displayed her hourglass figure very well, a feathery fascinator adding to the dramatization.

"you a widow or something?"

raeil huffed, questioning why she's ever agreed to being besties with that demanding woman.

with a sigh, she stood in front of her best friend one more time, wearing a striking red dress and a purse it comes with, shrugging. it was identical to the one from that classic romance film, making it much better to their eyes.

jaw dropped, moonyoung stood up from the rocking chair in front of the wardrobe (why was it there? no idea). she clapped in excitement as raeil carefully spunned around to bask in the beauty of her outfit.

"perfect."

after snapping a few pictures, she rushed to her nightstand, picking up only one of her wooden jewelry boxes.

as if it was a frenzy round, moonyoung got to put on gold tassel earrings, a necklace with a rose that resembled the one from beauty and the beast, diamond rings, and golden butterfly hair clips on the braided portion in one go.

she said, "rich people know when things are fakes. they despise the people wearing them. once he notices, he'd not want you as a wife for sure."

raeil admired herself further on the full body mirror, the other continuing to hype her up.

"okay, one last thing." from behind, moonyoung wrapped a big pink scarf around her best friend's neck. "it's a bad luck charm. i get turned down every first date when i wear it."

hand in hand, both broke into jumps and squeals.

"time to get rejected!"

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

( ❑❑❑ )