. . . . chapter twenty-two.

( ❑❑❑ )

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

"i heard your friends finally got out of juvenile. think you deserve it after working so hard on the dates."

mr. hae broke the silence while him and his daughter stayed in separate couches of their living room, him indulging in the daily news paper and her watching a netflix show about the monarchies.

moonyoung paused the show, eyes widening and the corners of her lips curling up.

"dad you— you really— dad!"

the height of serotonin urged her to stand up and do mini stomps on the floor

then she got to thinking : if she continued pretending she was still seeing doyoung, her merits seen by him would increase leading to more joy-inducing happenings.

and he wouldn't suspect her of going to another rally (it being the first thing that popped in her mind after hearing about her gang's freedom). great!

the woman faked a tone, though her speed still displayed excitement from the previous topic. "too bad i can't meet them today! i have a date with doyoung. see you later, my best dad."

before walking out the door, she gave the sitting old man a tight, tight back hug, even shaking him. though disturbed, he laughed.

( ❑❑❑ )

after a cup of coffee alone in silence, doyoung thought of talking to moonyoung about settling their situation once and for all.

when he called their home's landline, her father picked up the phone.

"may i ask where moonyoung is?"

"oh, isn't she on a date with you?"

doyoung rolled his eyes, figuring out right away how he was only used as a sorry excuse to whatever she needed to do outside.

nevertheless, he played along.

"ah yeah, sorry. she just texted me she's stuck in traffic. thank you, sir!"

coincidentally, as he was checking twitter for the past twenty minutes, the hashtag #notocapitalists was one of the keywords trending.

he clicked to see tweets supportive of a large group of teenagers on the street not too far from where he was, voices regarding their stances loud.

doyoung was 98% sure where moonyoung was now.

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

( ❑❑❑ )