. . . . chapter nineteen.

( ❑❑❑ )

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

after the awkward lunch with the birthday celebrant, mr. hae, moonyoung and doyoung decided to do a 'talk' in the metal chairs on their front yard.

"you know, hae, i have the upper hand here. reject you? that'd be too much of a hassle. best i could do is tell our families about your little 'fake moonyoung' scheme."

she remained unthreatened. "okay. why not do it?"

"i'm worried about your friend."

doyoung momentarily fell into a daze after saying it, the face he just wanted to protect from all the horrors painted in his mind.

"what's her name?" he followed up.

"moon raeil."

the simple name lifted his spirits up. he remembered her cute rants about her envious brother, finally figuring out that it was the ever so amazing taeil.

when it fell silent, moonyoung looked at his eyes that seemed to have been struck by attraction to something obvious, faking a gag just to show her distaste.

"you like her? well fuck, she doesn't feel the same way. finds you annoying, actually."

"how would you know about a person's feelings? you're the last person i feel would be aware about it."

"because she's just there for the money, kim. she really doesn't want you," she said, arms crossed. "call it off."

"for the money?"

"yes. i said i'd pay for her degree tuition if she goes on the dates with you to get rejected in my place."

he pursed his lips.

from their upstair window view, raeil and jeonghan, who stood behind the glass, watched them two as they bickered like an old couple from behind.

jeonghan chuckled.

"don't they look perfect together?"

though raeil's smile reeked of dejection, she still perked her voice up. "yeah . . . of course."

( ❑❑❑ )

when all had been settled with moonyoung storming up the stairs with annoyance that shocked both her brother and dad, jeonghan packing leftovers for the kims, and mr. hae staying in his room for an emergency call, doyoung finally got to see raeil as herself alone.

"when i said i hoped to see you again, i didn't expect it to be here."

"doyoung i'm—"

to her surprise, he held her hands, locking their eyes as always which still gave her that feeling of butterflies even if it wasn't the first time.

how jeonghan could exit the kitchen and catch them any minute worried her, so she insisted on stopping the gesture. however, no matter how much she pushed his hand away, his touch was firm with an additional unshaken expression.

when moonyoung's half-brother's voice saying "i'll walk you to your car" was heard, they let go of each other's hands and parted ways, the uneasiness getting minimized.

raeil opened her palm to see a folded blue post-it note, inked with doyoung's sophisticated handwriting.

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

( ❑❑❑ )