. . . . chapter twenty-seven.

( ❑❑❑ )

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

hearing strumming in the middle of the night somewhere around the balcony made raeil stand up. she walked up to the source, it only being doyoung and not a ghost musician, to her relief.

"did i wake you up?"

"haven't slept yet."

though tipsy, he still managed to tune taeil's guitar. its lack of recent activity was evident from how the strings loosened on their own and its scent of rustiness more prevalent than normal.

"i haven't played the guitar in so long. i only ever sing these days," he shared out of the blue, strumming a few times.

"you're still good though."

"you think?"

while absent-mindedly nodding, she plopped down the woven chair next to him. nature at night collaborating with his freestyle playing was the relaxation her ears craved.

"i love playing outside when it's may. no matter how bad you play, grasshoppers are there to cheer you on. they're most loud in spring."

"grasshoppers?"

"yeah. look."

only seconds were needed for him to recall a piece close to his heart, even closing his eyes once he got a hand of finger placements in a guitar that was not his. his hums were heavenly enough.

how she wanted to hear him full-on sing there and then. raeil was too shy to ask at that moment, but it definitely would've been perfect.

once he finished strongly, he locked his eyes with hers that seemed to be deeply fixated. it took her some time to realize the music stopped and he already noticed how she was enjoying too much. she looked away, hiding the redness of her face behind her wavy brown hair.

"will you go out with me," doyoung said right after the awkward breaking of eye contact amidst the cheering of grasshoppers, "as moon raeil?"

she looked back at him, shock overtaking admiration this time. why at this time? what was she supposed to say?

this was why she preferred text proposals. there, she had time to plan out her response before opening the message to either paste her response pre-made on her notes app, or just leave them on seen. plus, the other person didn't have to see her all flustered.

but she was put on the spot. and there was no proper way to put someone on seen in real life. especially not doyoung, who's appeared to her as ever so stubborn.

"when you're sober i'll give you an answer."

it's obvious he was dismayed. you probably would be too after knowing you'd have to wait longer for something you really wanted. nevertheless, he still shot a half-smile in respect, bringing his focus back to the guitar.

"i'll be waiting."

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

( ❑❑❑ )