. . . . chapter eight.

( ❑❑❑ )

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

in disbelief, doyoung chuckled. no context was giving though, leaving the moonyoung version of raeil weirded out.

that definitely isn't hae moonyoung. he's certain but he'll continue playing along for the fun of it.

in preparation to start the so-called mission, raeil recalled the important points of moonyoung's seminar with the title 'this method has a 99.8% success rate of getting rejected'. the data had been based off her previous arranged blind dates, she said.

i don't know this man and have no idea who he is or where to stalk him since social media isn't my thing, but i'm sure he's no different from everyone else.

first, do what you love : drink. get the strongest alcohol from the menu. leave an impression and tell it to the waitress like . . . like how gangsters would talk.

raeil cleared her throat before looking away from the menu uttering, "a beer."

the man raised a brow. that was a signal of dissatisfaction, right? is the plan already working?

"so, one black coffee and one beer?"

"i would've gotten soju but you don't have it."

the waitress nervously chuckled and walked away. within fifteen minutes, she came back with their drinks.

raeil shamelessly took a swig, letting out a loud 'ah' and smacking her lips after.

one thing she wished was something she misheard was doyoung's response. because, in spite of the hope raising look of shock, he managed to speak out :

"may i have a sip, moonyoung? you make it look so delicious."

fuck.

FAIL.

that won't work on alcoholic guys though, her best then continued that day of the mini seminar. so when it doesn't, you move to the next plan.

it's no secret that until now, most men love patriarchial standards. misogyny, ew. best way to go against this? flex your modern woman mindset.

"are you here to find your future wife?"

"isn't that the point of these kinds of dates?" doyoung rhetorically threw. "but i do want to hear you out if you have something else in mind."

"no, i feel the same."

"but, just to tell you, i set my priorities straight. i do not want to 'submit myself to my husband'. i'm not the type to stay at home for him. i'm more focused on my career."

"that's great!" he exclaimed. "my ideal type is a career-oriented woman."

"i will never have kids."

"you'll carry it, so that's your decision, of course. i won't force you into anything."

this dude is so nice i don't need that right now come on.

"most of my past dates said i left bad impressions to their parents. what if the same thing happens between me and yours?"

"you aren't on this date with them, are you? besides, we don't care about each other much now."

raeil could only bite her lip.

FAIL.

"is this a test, moonyoung?" doyoung asked halfway, eyebrows expressing his determination.

"n-no."

if he has a smooth tongue who somehow has an answer for anything, become dramatic and philosophical. sigh as if you have the most problems in the world, rest your elbows on the table, drop your eyes to the floor, and ask :

"what is marriage really?"

"hmm, makes me think too." he leaned too while mirroring her look of misery, resting his chin on his palm. "but have you realized you haven't asked me for my name?"

FAIL.

"wh— what is it then?"

"kim dongyoung. doyoung, for short."

"kim dongyoung. kim dongyoung." the name rang a bell. "the ace law student! you! my brother hates you!"

caught off guard, doyoung laughed, listening with much eagerness while she continued rambling about her older brother MOON TAEIL.

the woman continued, "no, seriously. he goes to the same school and every time he comes home he'll have rants about how you and . . . that one tall american guy? joan? jun? john? yeah, anyway, he says you two are attention-seeking best friends to professors because you do so well in recits. he's jealous."

"well, i'm glad to be despised by your brother then," he commented, "now that you've shown interest in me because of it."

only then she realized how she broke character. stressed, she took another swig of beer.

"i did not show interest."

FAIL.

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

( ❑❑❑ )