. . . . chapter four.

( ❑❑❑ )

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

"this again? i'm so tired of yelling at you."

"then don't yell?"

HAE MOONYOUNG's dad was furious. he currently was in front of her while she lied down the sofa on the side opposing to him with closed eyes. she definitely was not interested in sitting through another sermon.

"how many times do i have to tell you that your squatter friends—"

moonyoung and her friends from places near the slums had been caught not-so-peacefully holding a mini protest in front of a politician's house about much hated capitalism at midnight. they vandalized his cars and walls, had a lot of nearby residents lose their minds over the noise, and went through physical conflicts with guards and cops.

they got detainedwithout getting heard out, sadly. she was bailed by her dad shortly after, him promising that her four other friends would follow after he takes her home.

"they're not squatters."

"they did act like squatters when i visited them an hour ago."

shocked by his statement, she sat up.

"they aren't out yet?" she gripped his sleeve tightly, eyebrows furrowed. "you promised you'd let them out!"

"i didn't say right away."

"dad!"

she repeatedly shook the old man.

"i will, but do something for me."

"what? what? come on, stop with the suspense, dad."

he pushed his glasses up, sighing.

". . . marry."

( ❑❑❑ )

raeil was in front of her best friend's house gate with the widest smile as she had great news she couldn't wait to spill all the details of.

"raeil, is that you?"

she turned around to see moonyoung's half-brother from the states YOON JEONGHAN, walking towards her. his hair, once a shiny shade of black, was now brown, it matching with the color of his cardigan.

he gently pat her on the back when they were finally close in distance.

"oh my god!" raeil exclaimed. "since when have you come home?"

"only now. i wanted to surprise them."

they exchanged ear to ear grins, silently appreciating how much they've changed over the years of not seeing each other.

even from where they stood, they could hear moonyoung's and her dad's voices, especially the repetitive yet distinct 'i don't want to's and 'you must's.

breaking the silence, jeonghan chuckled, eyes still fixed on raeil. "moonyoung's still getting dad's earfuls until now, huh?"

"well, you know her."

( ❑❑❑ )

the two arrived inside while moonyoung's bottom lip rested between her teeth as a habit from frustration, hands in hips. the creak of the door caught their attention, all her irritation from their conversation draining out in an instant.

"jeonghan!"

she ran to him, to give him a huge hug, waving at raeil by the side.

instead of celebrating his stepson's homecoming right away, mr. hae clicked his tongue as his daughter pretended to not see him.

"moonyoung, give me an answer."

she sneered. "fine, i'll go. happy?"

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

( ❑❑❑ )