. . . . chapter fourteen.

( ❑❑❑ )

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

[ fast forward : tuesday ]

"moonyoung! hey!"

doyoung repeatedly yelled as he saw the familiar woman who was not hae moonyoung across where he stood on the street. her hands were fixated on the inside of her wallet, seemingly digging deep.

he supposed she didn't hear his yells, so he crossed the road for them to be closer.

since she was obviously not paying attention to the road and its lights, a motorcycle had almost hit her. luckily, doyoung got to catch up and bring her back to the side walk with a tight grip on her shoulders. 

their eyes locked through the small gesture, everything giving the feeling of basking in slow motion. the falling of cherry blossoms added to the effect.

"you should watch where you're going, ms. hae."

she shook his hands off her shoulders.

"sorry. i guess you didn't hear me calling," he apologized, keeping his hands to himself. 

she judged. "were you following me around?"

"what? no way." he laughed. "i was about to go to the bus stop too so you don't have to worry about a potential stalker. coincidence."

"you're rich. why not just take a taxi?"

"isn't your family richer than mine?"

he added as they began to walk again, "i wasn't sure it was you at first though. your style's different from when we had our date."

she looked down and saw how she put on a signature comfortable grandma outfit with an even more grandma-ish flower embroidered wallet, mentally cursing both herself and the man in front of her who really had to point it out. it raised consciousness.

"i— i sneaked out to a silent rally. this is how we dress all of the time."

"you went to a rally? wow, that makes you even more likeable than last time."

the woman sneered. "i really hate your sarcasm."

he chuckled for the umpteenth time as he slightly got left behind while she walked faster in offense of her misinterpretation. "i was being genuine."

"by the way, what are you looking for?"

"my transpo card. i swear i put it here somewhere."

"have mine for the meantime then. give it back when you find yours."

he pulled a yellow card from his back pocket.

"do i . . . have to pay for this?"

"just pay me back with interest."

raeil's eyes widened. "interest?"

"economics? sure you know of it."

she pursed her lips, pretending to be aware of what he was saying just to avoid an unwanted conversation with him. he didn't see the signs though.

"by the way, we actually haven't talked about our second date. the flowers have bloomed. it would be a perfect time."

a bus finally appeared. she practically ran to it when she got the chance.

"oh, yeah. haha! totally forgot. now, i really have somewhere i have to go to. bye!" i'm fucking running late.

finally getting a solo window seat on the second to the last row, raeil heaved a deep, content sigh as if it was a moment of being set free.

"moonyoung!" just when she was finally making herself comfortable, doyoung's booming voice shocked her. "how about tomorrow?"

flustered by how loud his voice was and how all the bus's eyes were on her, she hid her face behind the wooden folding fan she always brought, staring at the window.

she could hear the conductress's scolding and telling him to just go down if he didn't need to board since he was destructing the bus's flow of time. the man was unbothered though.

"hey, you, lady with a fan to her face facing the window," he persisted after asking the conductress for one more minute. "are you free tomorrow night?"

"y-yes." 

the people, mostly the old couples with grey hair, on the bus cooed, whispering to each other either about how it reminded them of old times or how they wished their husbands were just like that handsome young man. 

"where then? what time?"

raeil was tongue-tied. they just spent another minute staring at each other, both not knowing who makes the next move or who utters the next word.

"god, you kids are taking so long!" the conductress clicked her tongue, pinching the bridge of her nose. "just go to wuju cafe around 5pm."

"are you okay with that?"

she hesitantly nodded.

a gummy grin momentarily made its way to her gaze as doyoung began waving goodbye at the other passengers, and most importantly the irritated conductress, and thanking them before going back down, stealing one last, quick glimpse.

"see you there, moonyoung!"

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

( ❑❑❑ )