𝙃𝘼𝙇𝙇𝙎 𝙊𝙁 𝙃𝙊𝙂𝙒𝘼𝙍𝙏𝙎

ELOISE MICHAELS

Every time I can't sleep at night, I go for a walk around the castle. Its been like this since 2nd year. It helps me relax because it's the only time when this castle is silent. 

I would go to Lorenzo's dorm but I didn't want to risk waking up Blaise or especially Draco. Draco has been showing up to class less and less over the past few weeks and when he does decide to attend, the bags under his eyes make it evident he's not doing well at the moment.

I find myself walking in circles till I hear something in the distance; the sound of doors opening. I slowly walk towards the noise to see who it was. 

I'm shocked to see Draco walking out of a room as it disappears behind him. "What the fuck was that?!" I exclaimed.

"Eloise?" Draco storms towards me, grabbing my arm and pulling me along with him. He stands in front of the wall and the doors reappear and he barges through them. He lets go of his grasp on me, "What the fuck are you doing?! Have you been following me?!" 

"What? No. I was just going for a walk. What is this place?" I look around and see a bunch of furniture and other items all piled on each other. 

"Ellie, you really shouldn't be here. I don't want you getting involved".

"Involved in what? You dragged me in here. What's going on?" I questioned. 

"You don't understand. No one can know you were here!" He shouted.

"Can you explain why? I'm so fucking lost right now".

"No fuck's sake. I can't!" He yelled in frustration turning around and kicking a glass case over as it smashed into pieces on the floor.

His eyes started to pool, "Draco. We've been friends for so many years. You can tell me. I promise there's no judgement," I assured.

"Lucius. He finally did it. He forced me to become one of them," He sobbed.

"Become one of -" Oh. I understand. "Aw Draco," I pulled him to my embrace and he began to breakdown.  I fucking hate Lucius. He's breaking Draco. He didn't deserve any of this.

Draco explained to me the whole story and his task. I held his hand as we sat on the floor. "Draco. I know it doesn't seem like it but everything will be okay for you in the end. I promise," I squeezed his hand.

"What if he finds out about Lucille? She's a muggle- born, Ellie. I can't lose her," He whispered.

"You won't Draco. While you complete this task I'll do everything in my favour to protect her".

"You would do that?" He asked.

"Of course. It's the bare minimum," I smile.

We sat in silence for a short moment as he wiped his face and gathered himself.

"You really like Lucille huh," I grinned.

"Shut up," He chuckled. "Yeah, she's great. She's one of the few people who genuinely understand me".

"Does anyone else know about your situation Dray?" I questioned.

"Luce and Enzo".

Enzo knows?

"Do you want to come back to the common room with me?" I asked.

"No, I'm just going to stay for a bit longer and think. You go ahead though ".

He stands up putting out his hand to help me up. I go to leave for turning around and giving him another hug. "Thank you for staying with me. I'm sorry I haven't been around so much lately," He muttered.

"It's okay, I understand," I let go walking towards the door.

--

I walk back into the common room. I couldn't stop thinking about Draco. I left feeling so bad for him. He clearly couldn't handle all this pressure. It was slowly ruining him.

"Oise? What are you doing up?" I find Lorenzo sitting on the couch. I was so relieved to see him.

"I just went for a walk. Couldn't sleep," I walk over to lay beside him.

"Are you okay?" He asked concerned.

"Yeah," I lied playing with my rings.

"Don't lie to me. Do you need to talk about anything?" He grabbed my hand kissing it. It was like he could read my mind.

"Draco told me.." I whispered scared if anyone was awake around.

"Told you what-" He finally realised. "Oh shit," He breathed.

"I'm fine, I'm just worried for him and Lucille," I sighed.

"They'll both be okay. Draco will finish his task and they'll move on together".

"Yeah you're right. We'll look out for Lucille too," I stated.

"Come on. I'll walk you to your dorm," He grabbed my hand and followed me to my room.

As we reach the door, I wrap my arms around him tightly. He made me feel safe. Like I could never be touched. He kisses my forehead "Goodnight love, I'll see you tomorrow".

AN: Short chapter but I just wanted us to know Draco's situation because I kind of forgot I wrote them to be close. Also I'm trying to go along with the timeline of Filthy but they're about to do a time skip so I'm struggling to write. Please vote and comment if you want to see anything in this story.