A choice (Dean)

Dean is faced with a choice; save you or Sam. Of course you know what his choice will be, but when he doesn't even hesitate it hurts. But you get saved by an unlikely person. Then you decide it's too hard to stay around Dean.

Warning: sadness, death by hell hound, implied sex, abandonment.

I was scared but tried my best not to show it. Dean always said that in these moments - with demons especially - it's best to not show any signs of fear. So I steadied my lower lip and forced the tears away.

"Now, what's it going to be, Winchester? Save this sweet little thing... or your little brother?" The demon asked, patting the hell house I couldn't see but could hear snarling. It was only waiting for the command to rip either Sam or myself to pieces.

Without even hesitating Dean said, "Sam."

I looked at him, but he was staring right at the demon. So I looked to Sam, who was breathing heavily, getting worked up. "No! Dean, don't let them take her." Sam scolded then looked over to me.

His eyes were huge and pained, he was scared. He knew what would happen, what he would have to watch. He's been through this before. He's my very best friend in the world, practically my brother after all these years.

The worst part of this is, I am hopelessly in love with the idiotic older brother. He is everything I have ever wanted in a guy. Protective. Smart (even though he doesn't think so).Quick on his feet. Brave. And God is he gorgeous. His flirty demeaner is what caught my attention, but it's the sweet side not many people see that won me over. I know him better than most people even get close to. I'm head over heels.

So the way he so quickly answered to sacrifice me and save Sam hurt. Of course I wouldn't expect him to pick me over Sam. But the lack of hesitation.... that there was no thought needed... made me feel like an idiot for loving him; even more than normal.

"Final answer?" The demon smirked. I watched the hound's paws leaving marks on the floor, though I couldn't see it.

Dean never looked my way as Sam again pleaded for him to not do this. He nodded, "Sam stays."

With a whistle the hound launched at me. I screamed in fear, then in pain as it took me down. I could see it now, and it was creepy as hell. I felt it bite me and the blood come pouring out as I cried out in misery.

"No!" Sam's voice was loud. I looked and saw Dean holding him back, keeping him from getting caught in the crossfire. I was in more pain than I ever knew was possible, making me scream sounds I didn't know I could make. Then it all stopped.

Sam's P.O.V.
When the demon went to leave with the hound, I promised revenge on him. Then I ran to Ada's body. She was lifeless, and drained of any color. "I'm so sorry, Ada." I cried as I pulled her head into my lap.

Damn my brother.

Damn that demon.

Dean came over, but I shoved him away. "No! You don't get to mourn her! Stay the hell away, Dean!! You did this! You let them do this to her!" I yelled, pulling her tighter against my chest.

He held his hands up, "Sam, you're mad at me for not letting that demon sick a hell hound on you?!"

I glared up at him. "Do you even realize what you just did!?! Look at her Dean! She is gone! You let the thing kill her!"

He looked at her and I watched it hit him. I saw the pain and regret build in his eyes as he took in the condition of what was left of her. He dropped to his knees. "Shit.... oh my God.."

I stood up, then scooped her up in my arms to carry her out to the car. I laid her on my shirt on the back seat.

I wiped my face then took a breath. "Sammy... you know that... I didn't mean.. I wasn't thinking!" Dean was crying, but I didn't care. He deserved every ounce of guilt he felt. She is dead because he chose to let it happen.