Lonely Video Call (Dean)

I feel like Soft-side romantic Dean is so rarely done because he's the 'tough' brother, so I had a thought about what he would do if you video-called him because you were lonely. It's short but fluffy.

You're missing Dean while they're gone on a long hunt that became a couple more in a row. It's been a couple weeks now, and you can't sleep. You end up on your computer and see he's also logged onto Skype so you call him.

Y/N = Your name

Warnings: none? Just some fluffy Dean stuff.

Sam and Dean have been gone for almost three weeks. I had to stay back at the bunker because a couple weeks ago I sprained my wrist. With how protective Dean is, he wanted me to stay here and 'heal properly' before going on any more hunts with them.

Well, their one hunt turned into two, and now they're onto a third one.

As cheesy as it sounds, this is the longest we've been apart since we met, let alone since we made things official between us about eight months ago. I miss him like crazy.

I have tried everything to stay busy to keep my mind off of him; though it doesn't work for long. I have cleaned every room in the bunker besides Sam's. I have restocked us on everything from food and first aid supplies to a few replaced clothing items. I even did all of our laundry; including re-washing clothes that have been hanging for a while.

I laid in bed for over an hour, but only tossed and turned. I finally decided to open my laptop thinking maybe I'd turn on a movie or just scroll through some things to quiet my brain.

Instead, as my computer logged on it logged me onto my Skype account; which it always automatically does when it turns on. I saw that Dean was also currently logged on. I couldn't stop myself. I smiled and hit the call button under his name.

Quickly, his exhausted face popped up. His eyes were heavy and blood shot. I couldn't help but smile seeing his face for the first time in almost three weeks.

He smiled right back at me, "Hey, gorgeous. What are you doing up? Isn't it like 1:30 there?" He asked looking at his phone for a second.

"Hi, honey. Yeah it's late. I just couldn't sleep and I saw you were on. So I thought I'd check in on you."

He frowned slightly, reading my face like a book. "Why can't you sleep, baby? What's going on?"

I bit my lip and glanced down, tears were threatening to fill my eyes. "I miss you. It's getting lonely here." I admitted softly.

He looked sad, I could tell he was blaming himself for being gone so long when he made me stay behind. "I'm sorry, baby. God, I miss you too. We're trying to wrap this one up, then I'm coming right home. This is taking longer than we thought, I'm sorry I've been gone so long."

I shook my head and put on a small smile. "It's alright, honey. I understand why you have to be gone. Tonight I'm just missing you being here next to me, keeping me safe and warm." It made me sad to see him look upset, I didn't mean to make him feel bad.

"I wish I could be there to hold you, baby. Believe me, I'd much rather have you next to me every night. Here... cuddle into that fuzzy blanket I know you're using." His voice went soft and soothing like it does when we lie down together every night.

I giggled at the fact that he knew what blanket I would be using without him here. I did as he said.

"Close those beautiful eyes. (I did) Picture me lying next to you, with my arms wrapped around you, holding you tight to my chest. Feel me kiss your shoulder and neck." I felt my body relax like it always does when he talks me to sleep. "I love you, baby. I'm here with you, okay? Sleep tight my beautiful girl."

Dean's P.O.V.
As I spoke I saw her body relax as she started to drift off to sleep.

God did I miss her.

I felt bad that she wasn't able to sleep without me there. She looked so sad. I saw it in her eyes just how much it was getting to her to be apart this long.

Once I knew she was asleep I whispered, "Goodnight, baby." Like I always do, but I didn't hang up on her.

I muted myself and stayed on the call; just in case she woke up. Well, if I'm being honest I liked seeing her face.

I read more of the book I was reading when she first called, looking up to check on her once in a while. She was still sleeping peacefully each time, which made me smile.

"Dean, are you seriously watching her sleep?" Sam asked when he walked over to show me something on his computer.

"Shove it. I'm just making sure she stays asleep."

He held up a hand in defense, "No, it's cute... with just a hint of creepy. It's nice to see you like this though. Honest. Never thought you'd be the type for mushy 'I miss you' video calls."

"Well, with her I am, okay? It's my fault she's there alone." I grumbled at him and sighed.

"Dude, I get it. I haven't seen you like this before is all. It's nice to see you happy."

"Hey, I can be romantic when I want to be. She needed me, and that's my job."

We looked over what he found, and compared it to what I found. We agreed we had probably found our solution and that we could figure out and end this tomorrow.

I took a picture of her sleeping face, after Sam went to bed. I took one more minute to just look at her face before I hung up. I went to bed and imagined she was here with me, hoping I'd be back with her tomorrow night.