News at a funeral (Dean)

You and Dean dated for a couple months. Three months ago you broke up. A week later you found out you were pregnant. You can't get ahold of him, but then you get word of a fallen hunter. You know Dean will be at the funeral so you plan to tell him there.

Written from Natalie's point of view. I've grown fond of the name and the idea in my head of Dean saying 'Nat' sweetly.

Triggers: death, funeral

Dean Winchester. The greatest fling of my life. We were hot and heavy, the hottest flame I've been been in; but then it burned out all too quickly. In this life it is hard to have actual relationships for many reasons. One being you just don't have time for the romance stuff. Another being it creates weaknesses.

Then about three months ago we just agreed it was too hard, we were getting too attached and it needed to end.

But a week later I found out I was pregnant. When I tried to call him so we could meet up and talk, I found out his number was disconnected, same for his brother's. That was strange. They have kept the same main numbers for hunters forever.

Two days later I got word a hunter we both knew and worked with a few times was killed. A demon got him.

I wanted to both pay my respects and hopefully see Dean. I needed to tell him. He deserved to know that he would have a kid in this world; even if he decides to not be a part of their life for whatever reason.

In my motel I fussed with my outfit. I wasn't ready to tell anyone - not until Dean knows. I put on a loose fitting t-shirt that should be two sizes too big for me, and the flannel I have of Dean's. It got left at my house shortly before the ending of our fling.

In all honesty I wear it more often than I should, but it is comfortable and I love how much it makes me think of Dean.

My round baby bump was pretty well hidden under all of this. It was as good as it was going to get so I grabbed my keys and wallet before walking out to my car to head off to the wake.

My heart was pounding loudly in my ears as I pulled up to the house. I looked at all the cars, but sadly didn't see that beautiful '67 Impala among those already here. I hoped that he would be here sooner or later.

An hour later I had avoided many drink offers. I gave them the excuse that I was going on a hunt tomorrow so I needed to not be hung over. People were already drunk so it didn't really phase them, I was thankful nobody seemed to question me.

I huffed and went to the kitchen to get a drink. His wife had made me ugly cry as she talked to me about their last days together. She was a hunter too, but you never really expect to lose the ones you love. You always hold onto hope that it won't happen to you. My heart broke for her. They were prefect together.

I grabbed a water bottle and turned around. Standing only three feet from me was the man I had been hoping to see tonight. Those green eyes full of surprise, awe, lust, and sadness all at the same time. I let out a breath, "Dean."

He stepped to me quickly and wrapped his arms around me. "Natalie. God it's so good to see you."

When he pulled back I offered a small smile. "How are you holding up?"

He wiped at my face, "I'm alright. You've been crying." His lips pouted at his words.

I laughed a little, "Yeah, uh, Tiffany was telling me stories just a bit ago. It got to me."

"I bet. I saw her on the way in..."

I cut him off, "Can we step outside for a minute? I really want to talk to you... alone." I said and looked around at the few people who were in the room.