Broken Hearted (Dean)

You have a boyfriend, but things go south and you break up. You call Sam to talk, because he's your best friend. But you beg him not to tell Dean; because he's your ex-boyfriend and very protective of you.

-Written from the point of 'Alivia'.

Warnings: fighting, drinking, sexual situation at the end (nothing graphic)

I have been dating Daniel for seven months now. I am totally head over heels for him. After breaking up with Dean about a year ago, I wasn't sure I was going to find someone I felt like this about again. He and I are a pretty great pair.

Well, we were.

He came over for dinner tonight, and things just sort of exploded. It snow balled into a huge fight. He slapped my glass of wine over, spilling it all over my dress. We argued to the point of yelling and then breaking up.

He slammed my front door so hard on his way out it went crooked. It was a disaster. I was seriously so in love with him, and not it's gone.

We weren't unhappy until tonight, or at least I wasn't. Now he's gone.

So, I got my dress cleaned before curling up in sweats and calling my best friend. "Livy? What's going on?"

"Hey, Sammy. Do you have a few minutes to talk?" I squeaked out.

"Of course. Why are you crying?" Of course he could tell in so few words that I was crying.

"Daniel and I just broke up. We got into an awful argument, things happened, and then we broke up. I'm just... really upset and need to talk."

"Did he hurt you? I will kill him. And God once Dean finds out..." He added softly.

"No, he didn't hurt me. God, yeah Dean would not be the one to tell any of this to. We know that he would lose his cool, he hates douche-bags. You have to promise you won't tell him Daniel made me cry." I sort of joked but really needed him to promise me that. I didn't need Dean showing up and making things worse.

He sighed, "Plus it's you. We all know how he has always been about you, Liv. He'd kill somebody if they hurt you, even after last year."

"Yeah, maybe." I sighed.

Sam exhaled and sweetly asked, "Do you want to tell me what happened?"

I have confided in Sam ever since we all met, and he has always been there for me. We were great friends from the start.

"It all started over something stupid, and we started yelling at each other. He threw his hand out at one point, and slapped my glass of wine. I got upset over that, and he started getting angrier. And then suddenly he was storming off, breaking up with me and slamming my door so hard that it's not straight on the hinges anymore."

I swear i heard his haw flex tightly. "Are you serious?"

He sounded more upset than I thought he would. It's not like the argument got physical. Just loud, and then he broke my door on the way out.

"It's alright, Sam. I just... wanted to talk about it, you know?"

He took a minute of just being quiet and thinking. "Yeah, alright. Well, I'm here. I'm sorry it ended like that. I know you really liked this guy. You were into him like I never expected you to be with someone that wasn't my brother."

Before I could reply I heard a door open and shut on his end of the line. "Hey, Sammy, got us some dinner. One rabbit health nut salad for you."

Dean's voice was calming yet rattling. It jarred me to hear him for the first time in two months; since I called him on his birthday.