Fooling myself (Dean)

Only ever hearing about how much Dean had loved Lisa, but he assures you that there is nothing there anymore. But when you run into her together it really seems to be the opposite of over for him.

Warnings: slight language? sadness. fluffy Dean.

"Let's go on a date, baby." Dean said leaning in to whisper in my ear from behind. He startled and surprised me.

We haven't gone out on a real date in a while before of hunts. I smiled as I turned around, "Oh yeah? What did you have in mind?"

He leaned in close, kissing me softly first. "Dinner, ice cream, a walked around town..."

I kissed him again, "That sounds perfect, honey." "Go get dolled up, baby. We leave in 45." I giggled and took off to go get dressed.

I went through my closet and found the perfect black, mid-thigh, dress. I straightened my long brown hair before putting on just a small amount of make-up. I slid on a black cardigan and a pair of black sandals.

Forty minutes after the plan was made I was ready to go

Dean was standing in the war room talking with Sam when I walked down the hallway. "You ready to go?" I asked, grabbing his attention.

He turned around and did that sexy smirk that I absolutely love. "God, my baby is gorgeous." I walked over and he kissed me slowly.

"You guys look nice. Have fun." Sam commented with the clearing of his throat.

I smiled over at him, "Thanks, Sam. We will see you later on." "Don't wait up, Sammy." Dean added with a wink, making me blush.

Dean lead the way to his car, and opened the door for me.

Our dinner was fantastic, a bit fancy compared to our usual diner food, but not so fancy that it was bad. He got me my favorite ice cream from a cute little shop and we started walking around town hand-in-hand. We were laughing a lot, and it was an amazing date.

Was.

As we rounded a corner we came face-to-face with a pretty brunette. She froze in place looking at Dean.

He dropped my hand quickly and moved to hug her. "Oh, wow. Lisa, it's so good to see you." They shared a hug and were both smiling as they pulled away.

Lisa.

It clicked for me. This is his ex-girlfriend Lisa.

As in, the love of his life that he gave up hunting to be with. All I have ever heard about their relationship is how crazy they were about each other. That he was so ready to spend forever with her, that she was who he pictured himself with if he was happy. And SHE was the one who ended it, not him.

She looked over and me and Dean palmed his forehead. "Oh, right. Lis, this is Alivia. Liv, this is Lisa."

The second red flag went up. First he let's go of my hand like it's burning him so he can hug her, now no mention of the word 'girlfriend' to his ex.