Find the Time

** 2nd Week of April **

"And this is why dad doesn't let you play in front of the house anymore," I say to Dev who just threw the ball towards the bleachers. "HAHA. Funny. At least I can actually get the ball to go into the basket," he teases me. "UM," I dramatically said as I bent my knees and aimed for the basket. As it swishes in, Dev is astonished. "Since when... what." I flip my ponytail and proceed to dribble the ball.

"She's a baller now. Didn't you know?" Karan chirps from the other side of the court. "She was MVP this year," Drew adds in as he makes a shot. It's hard to contain myself when I'm around him lately. I knew that even if I smiled too wide, Dev would pick up on it. I don't need my little brother all up in my business. He and Drew have had two practices together, and they seem to get along.

After a few rounds, I'm sweaty and tired. So I take a seat on the side bleachers. Watching Drew work with younger kids is making my heart palpitate. Guys that are good with children are just something else. Is it too soon to be imagining what he'd be like as a father? I am totally swooning over him right now. In this, very humid gym. He's also been busy with normal team practice and preparing for the tournament that we haven't had a night to ourselves in a minute. He gets so drained by the end of the day, and I'm completely busy during the day.

Interrupting my very deep thoughts, the ball hits my left leg.

"Ow," I make a noise. Drew and Dev exchange a quick laugh. When Drew looks back at me, I raise my eyebrows and give him "the stare." He immediately stops laughing and shushes Dev. The impact I have. I get up and throw the ball towards Dev's face but he gets a hold of it. "Kristina, how did someone like you end up being friends with a forward on the basketball team? He's WAY cooler than you," he looks at me. "I'm pretty cool too," I say.

"I was actually trapped in an elevator with her, I had no choice," Drew joked. Okay, my brother and my boyfriend are getting along too well. "You guys suck," I pout and walk back to the bleachers. Drew pulls my arm from behind. "Okay, sorry sorry," he says, pulling me into his arms. I playfully push him away. Usually, he'd just lean in and kiss me but he was just awkwardly looking at me as Dev was dribbling in place. I take two steps away from Drew and face him. "Alright, I think you'll both be fine without me. I need to stop by work for a bit. I'll see you later," I tell Dev. He nods his head. "I'll walk you out," Drew says. As soon as we walk out of the basketball court, he gives me a hug.

"I know I saw you for two minutes yesterday, and the day before that, and the day before that, but I miss you," he embraces me. "Me too." He still smelled good even after all the sweat. "I know we've been out of sync lately, but come over for dinner tonight. My dad is picking Dev up by six today. So then we'll have some alone time together," I tell him. "I can't wait, babe," he kisses my forehead.

I was in such a good mood that I even walked into the tech room with a smile. Joey, my fellow editor, was in his chair testing some clips in final cut pro. Tyler texted me earlier in the day and warned me Harrison was going to be in his office the whole day, but I didn't care. "Hi Joey, how's it going?" I ask as I look over at his screen. He looks up at me with a smile. "Oh hey! It's going well. I'm just messing around with some clips from last week." I intently pay attention as he shows me his work. He's actually not as bad as I thought he was. But I still had a few pointers for him to work on. "I'm gonna finalize the edit for the girl's soccer team, and submit it. So if you want to work on something during our next shift, I'm up for it," I tell him. He nods and as soon as he's about to open his mouth, Harrison interrupts.

"You're done with that already?" he curiously asks. I nod my head with confidence. "Yeah, I had some downtime in between my classes yesterday, so I came and worked on it." I move aside so he can look at the computer screen. He walks up behind me and leans over me. I slightly inch my body in the other direction. His left hand held the back of my chair and his right hand was glued to the mouse. The scent of his cologne was very different from Drew's. I couldn't tell by his expression if he liked what he was looking at. He just stared at the screen quietly. Finally, he stands upright. After what looked like somewhat of an approving smile, he says, "Good. You can submit it." GOOD? Did Harrison just compliment my work? I'm in shock. I turned around and looked at Joey, and he was as surprised as I was. "GOOD, Kristina," he quietly imitates him.