It's Us, Afterall

"Love looks pretty on you, girl," Jacob says. We were having our yearly post-semester celebration at IHOP. I smile widely. "Oh hush," I tuck my hair behind my ear. It's no coincidence I've been in a great mood the past few days. Ever since graduation, Drew and I have spent everyday together. But most of the credit goes to him for keeping me happy. "I see everything in pink! I can't believe life could really feel like this," I tell him. Jacob smiles as he intently listens. He's seen me at my worst, and at my best. I think all of my friends are happy that I'm happy because I'm way less cynical about life.

On another note, I have a job interview for a summer internship. After networking at a work event, I got a chance to get my resume in the hands of a recruiter at a production company called Ambient. They have worked with an impressive roster of clients. I would love to gain more experience in the entertainment field, and also keep busy when Drew is in Indiana. I have a whole week to prepare for it, and I need it.

In other news, Nicole, Mark, Drew, and I are going on a double date. We're gonna go to The Cheesecake Factory for dinner. Before being in a relationship, I never really understood why people would want to go on group dates, but now I get it. I like that Drew and Mark can hang out as friends if Nicole and I ever had our own plans. 

"I'll have the four cheese pasta please," I tell the waiter as she finishes writing down our list of requests. Drew and I always end up getting the same entrees as we always do, but make sure to experiment with our starters. Today we're trying the factory nachos. "I swear this bread is like, crack," Mark stuffs another piece of the brown bread in his mouth. "I almost considered buying a whole loaf online once," Nicole agrees with him. I laugh and take another piece from the basket. I gently elbow Drew. "Can you please ask for more bread when she comes back?" I ask, making a puppy dog face. I hated being the one asking for too many things, it gave me a little bit of anxiety. I'm the girl who wants lemon with her water and hot sauce every time she goes out. "Babe, just ask her. It's free bread. She can't say no to you," he replies. I sigh. "I just... yeah okay." Drew always thought it was weird that I felt shy asking for things at restaurants, yet I still try to ask him every time. 

"I was thinking we could catch a movie with Alia next Thursday? Do a girls' night type of thing," Nicole suggests. "I actually can't Thursday. My interview on Friday," I tell her. "So this means you're free then?" Mark enthusiastically looks at Drew. Drew looks at me and then back at him. "The guys had some plans to go to the city and watch the game at this sports bar," he proceeds to invite Drew. "Oh, I'm totally down," he responds. Not that we had discussed it, but I assumed Drew would help me finalize my preparation for the interview. I briefly mentioned it to him but it must've slipped his mind. And I surely didn't want to say anything in front of Mark and make it seem like Drew needs my permission to go out.

Back at the apartment, I carefully transferred my leftovers into a glass container instead of leaving them in the styrofoam. "So you're gonna go with Mark Thursday," I ask him as he's looking through my Netflix account. "Yeah, it's been a while since I went out with him," he says. "Yeah, of course. I just thought maybe you'd help me going through questions and stuff," I bring to his attention. He puts the remote down and looks over at me as I join him in the living room. "Babe, you've been rehearsing your answers for the past two days, and you still have four days ahead of you. You're stressing out yourself too much," he says, pulling me into his arms. I have a tendency to overthink things, but that's just me. I need to feel at least 85% confident that I am right for the job. But there's no point in stressing him out too just because of my anxiety.

**Thursday Night**

Being the amazing friend he is, Tyler came over to help me with some last-minute advice. He's already got an internship in the city which is an amazing opportunity for him. And it helps that he's a super confident individual. Maybe he can teach me his ways. "Don't be practicing the whole time you guys. Nothing past 10 PM," Drew says, putting on his shoes at the door. He blows me a kiss goodbye.