T W E N T Y E I G H T

WARNING; nsfw

♡♡♡

Delilah hummed softly as she sat down in the subs box beside Ben, the girl moving a hand over her face before she zips up her coat and shoves her hands in her pockets. It was the first time in months that she was a substitute and wasn't in the starting eleven, and for some reason it felt funny for her to be sitting on the pitchside rather than be out playing.

Her hair was in french plaits and her cheeks were red from the coldness of the stadium, not to mention that she was half-asleep and the camera's were focussed on her for a good few minutes due to how shocked people were that she wasn't playing.

"Have you seen who's Captain?" Ben asks, nudging her as the team walks out. Her eyes cast over the captain's armband that was sitting on her boyfriend's bicep, a bright smile appearing on her face as he looked at her with just as much excitement.

"Bless him." Lilah speaks, Frank Lampard turning around to look at her.

"Don't worry, he's not having it off you forever." He grins.

"He's probably the only person I would give it up for anyway." She shrugs, watching him smile again before he turns to focus on the game that had just begun.

Her and Chilly were making jokes and recording one another with Instagram filters for the duration of the first half, the pair of them making each other laugh and managing to get in trouble with some of the coaches sitting in front of them.

Delilah went immensely quiet when she saw the opposing team get the ball inside of their half, her fingers crossed tightly as she watched them pass it and shoot for the net. She groaned rather loudly when it went straight past Kepa, the goalkeeper failing to keep it out of the net even though he got a touch on the ball.

Half-time came around soon enough, the girl walking into the dressing room with Chilly and immediately going to Mason who was still smiling like a kid at the fact he had the armband.

"Hm, you suit that." She hums as she stands in front of him.

"Not as much as you angel." He replies, tucking some hair behind her ear before leaning down to peck her lips. She grinned as he wrapped his arms around her for a moment, head resting on top of hers before he let go so she could go speak to Kepa.

"When you's first told everyone about the annulment we thought it wouldn't work, but you've just gone back to the way you were." Ben says to Mason.

"I'm glad it has." Mason responds, moving a hand through his hair before they're called out to go back onto the pitch.

Lilah sat with Chilly again, Kai sitting down on the other side of her as they fall into a rather quiet yet hilarious conversation which had them all in stitches for at least 20 minutes. Soon enough, Delilah and Kai were told to do a few warm ups on the side of the pitch to get ready to go on, so they did as told and did it together.

Out of the two, Kai was the first to be put on, replacing Hakim Ziyech in the 77 minute, with Tammy coming off to be subbed for Olivier. Delilah only had to wait another 7 minutes before she was getting her shirt on, standing beside one of the refs whilst she pulled her socks up.

"Here you go, Captain." Mason grins, handing her the armband before pecking her lips as a sign of goodluck. She shook her head as she walked onto the pitch, slipping the armband on before she got stuck into the last 10 minutes of the game.