S I X T Y T W O

♡♡♡

June 12th, 2021

"Morning." Declan hummed as he watched Delilah walk into the common room of St George's Park, rubbing the sleep from her eyes as she walked by him to get herself a drink. He laughed a little, noticing just how rough she looked considering she got in from Vegas the night before and had hardly any sleep.

"Someone got absolutely shredded in Vegas, didn't they?" John laughs at her.

"I feel like death." She admits, moving her hair out of her face as she sips on her coffee.

"How was it?" John questions, standing with her as some more members of the team walked in.

"Pretty good actually, aside from watching my sister throw up on every sidewalk we went on." Lilah laughs a little, letting the memories of the last few days go through her head before she started to speak to John about other things.

"Your Mrs is over there." Declan informs Mason, watching the midfielder nod before he walks over to her. He didn't do much, only leaning down to press a soft kiss to her cheek before he went to get a drink himself.

"Cute." John teases.

"Dipshit." She laughs, lightly kicking him in the shin before he walks by again.

He stopped behind her, the girl looking up as she sat in her seat with a smile on her face, the brunette scrunching his nose up at her before he leant down and pecked her lips. John and Kyle started giggling like schoolgirls, teasing the pair of them about their PDA before Delilah flipped them off.

"Alright team! Get ready to go get your suits, Finnegan you're with me!" One of the coaches called, the girl sighing deeply as she disposes of her drink and looks at Mason.

"Kiss me." Mason warns her with raised eyebrows.

"Save it for later dipshit." She grins teasingly, walking away whilst Kyle and John laugh at Mason.

She followed one of the coaches into a 'private' changing room, being the only girl in a group full of men, she got the privilege of getting changed by herself without any interruptions. 

"Delilah, my love." Issie beams as she walks in, the two of them hugging one another closely.

"Alright, do you want your hair trimming? I know you got here late last night so." Issie asks.

"Uhm... I could do with a trim on my bangs, nothing else needs doing though." She says, separating her curtain bangs from the rest of her hair.

Once she'd had her hair trimmed, Issie disappeared to go get her suit whilst she sorted out her makeup, which wasn't anything fancy. Concealer to cover up any blemishes, mascara and some minimal yet long fake eyelashes to make her eyes pop and some lipgloss on her lips.

Issie returned seconds later with her suit and left her to get changed, the blonde getting everything on and making sure everything fit before she slipped the shoes on. The finishing touch was to do her hair, making it look full of volume and as straight as possible before she grabbed her red England cap and walked out.

Meanwhile, in the gymnasium where the lads were getting changed, Mason and Declan were joking around whilst they got changed. Mason had a hard-time trying to do his tie, and he sighed deeply with relief when he watched his fiance walk through the door fully dressed and raring to go.

Wolf-whistles could be heard through the gym, the girl putting her hands out at her sides to show herself off as she walked closer to everyone. She laughed, smiling at everyone before she went over to Mason and helped him do his tie without him even asking her.

"Jack mate, your gig as pengest teacher in school is up." Dec calls.

"Why? Who's stole my job then?" Jack turns around to see what was happening.

"I did." Delilah grins, winking at him as he looks her up and down and shrugs his shoulders.

"I guess it has."

♡♡♡

"You what mate." Jack speaks as everyone starts to line up on the benches.

"Who's put me smack in the middle at the back then?" Delilah complains, listening to everyone laugh.

"Think they're tryna say you're the shining star up in this joint." Chilly responds.

"Nah wait they've put all the midgets in the seats." Lilah laughs, watching Harry Kane and Raheem look at her with raised eyebrows.

Everything fell silently shortly after that, the coaches making sure all the team was there and the photographers making sure that everyone was in the correct place. Declan nudged Delilah lightly, the girl hitting the top of his thigh in response, both of them laughing at how stupid they were being whilst they were setting up.

"Alright, hold the caps in view with the number visible please." One of the photographers speak.

He snapped some photos of the team holding their caps before one of the coaches collected them in, letting the players have a minute break before he got a smarter picture of them without the caps.

Lilah moved a hand through her hair rather quickly and asked Declan to make sure it looked okay as they carried on, everyone being free to move around 5 minutes later. Delilah groaned as she stepped down from the bench she was standing on, slipping the shoes off of her feet before she, Mason and Declan made their way back inside.

♡♡♡

"How was Vegas then?" Mason asks his fiance as they sit together in the common room.

"Drunk... lots of casinos and Frizz throwing up every 5 seconds." Delilah responds, sighing deeply.

"But did you have a good time? That's all that matters." Mason looks at her, watching her nod as she snuggled further into his comfort. 

A small smile formed on his face as she moved her hand around to rest on her chest, the sparkling diamond of her engagement ring visible which only made his heart swell ten times more.

He was truly living his dream life. The dream life that consisted of being a Chelsea footballer, being one of the best Acadamy players to date, being apart of the England squad in a major tournament and having the girl of his dreams by his side.

He faced many struggles to get where he was, like not playing for the first few weeks he spent at Vitesse, being loaned out to Derby County when his girlfriend got to be in the first team for Chelsea, hate from fans who though he was useless for missing a penalty.

He proved everyone wrong, and he'll do it time and time again, because that's what he enjoyed doing.

Proving people wrong.

♡♡♡