E I G H T Y T H R E E

♡♡♡

August 2nd, 2021
first day back at training

Lilah sighs deeply as she hears Mason's alarm go off, the midfielder groaning beside her before he moved away from her to turn it off. It was a warm morning, the sun was shining through the curtains and Blue was basking in the light on the bed between her and Mason.

They both got out of bed at the same time, Mason going downstairs to make one breakfast for them both whilst Lilah sorted herself out. She tied her hair into a low ponytail and tucked her bangs behind her ears, slipping some stud earrings in before she went downstairs.

Mason handed her breakfast before he went upstairs to get dressed, the brunette smiling at the scan picture in the corner of the bathroom mirror before he sorts his hair out. He'd recently gotten it cut, and he got a very disapproving look from his other half which meant she really didn't like it.

Once he'd finished up, he went back downstairs and sat beside Delilah whilst he ate his breakfast, watching her walk around the kitchen clearing up after him and feeding Blue before they went to work.

She also took the box that contained the cake for the announcement to all the players today out of the fridge, putting it onto the counter before Mason cleans up the rest of the kitchen. He presses a sweet kiss to her lip, letting his hand rest on her stomach for a moment before it was time for them to leave.

"Don't!" Lilah laughs as Mason pokes her side, the girl holding the box of cake in her hand that was rather fragile. Mason laughs, moving a hand through his hair before he opens the front door and let's her go out first. 

"What are you doing?" Mason asks as he spots her car key in her hand.

"I didn't just buy an Aston Martin to let it sit in the garage for the rest of its life." Lilah shrugs, the brunette nodding before he puts his key back. He locks the door behind him before taking the box off of his fiance, the pair of them getting into her car.

"Will you ever let me drive this?" Mason asks.

"Unless you get rid of that trim then no, you're banned." Lilah grins, moving her hair out of her face as she pulls out of the garage and sets off driving.

"You're evil to me." Mason shakes his head as he leans forward, pressing the on button on for the radio.

"I'd love you a lot more right now if you still had fluffy hair." Lilah teases, watching his mouth drop open with shock before he shakes his head. The pair of them listened to the music playing through the radio as Delilah drove to Cobham, the roads fairly empty given how early it actually was.

Arriving at Cobham, Delilah parked her car in the parking spot labelled with her number before turning the engine off, getting out of the car and going around the otherside to get the box from Mason. 

A few of the staff greeted them as they walked through to the dining area, placing the box onto the table in the middle before going to the changing rooms to get into their training uniform. The majority of the team had shown up by the time they'd finished, so they waited for them all to get dressed before they were going to announce it.

"Alright team, when you're ready can you make your way into the dining hall for a minute? There's an announcement to make." Tuchel informs the team, looking at Delilah and smiling before he himself goes to the dining hall.

All the players furrowed their eyebrows in confusion but obliged anyway, Delilah and Mason being the first in there and standing behind the table where the cake was.

"What's going on? Are you guys leaving?" Tammy immediately asks.

"Us, leave?" Lilah scoffs, moving her hair out of her face again.

"Alright, uh, I'd just like to tell you guys that there's a new player being added to the squad." Tuchel speaks, standing between the couple.

"Who is it?" Ben asks, moving a hand through his hair before Mason moved forward to take the lid off the box.

Everyone simultaneously took a step forward to look at what was inside, most of them clicking in an instant, looking at Delilah who was just grinning like an idiot. Just to let them know she was for real, she smoothed down the fabric of her jumper over her growing bump and watched the entire lot of them jump up and down with joy.

"Oh my god!" Christian cheers happily. 

Kepa was absolutely starstruck, the Spaniard moving around the table and engulfing Delilah in the a tight and loving hug. She reciprocated it immediately, wrapping her arms around his torso as he started to cry into her shoulder.

"I'm so happy for you." Kepa hums.

"Kepa stop it." Lilah begins to tear up, the two best friends sobbing together for a minute or so before they composed themselves.

The entire group of boys took their time to congratulate their Captain, everyone making sure to say it to Mason as well before they Delilah stood at Mason's side whilst Thomas spoke to them. Her eyes were set on the cake for a moment, appreciating how the woman had made a custom cake that was shaped like the new season Chelsea shirt. 

The name and number on the back of the shirt showed 'Mount' and '22' as their little girl was due in 2022, and everyone was amazed at how intricate the detailing was. What they didn't know that the icing on the inside was pink, telling them that Baby Mount was also a girl.

"Oh my god." Azpi's eyes went wide as he noticed the pink icing, directly looking at Delilah and Mason.

"Oh, the colour of the icing inside is the gender by the way." Mason informs them, watching all of them inspect the colour before they all got excited again. 

Mason pressed a soft kiss to the top of Delilah's head as they stood together, the girl pulling the sleeves of her jumper over her hands to keep her warm in the air-conditioned room.

"Alright, who's up for some training?!" Tuchel calls out.

♡♡♡