F O R T Y E I G H T

♡♡♡

"You ready?" Kai asks his Captain who was sitting beside him in the Stamford Bridge changing rooms. She had her hair in french plaits and had her 'lucky' boots on, which just so happened to be the football boots she had on when they won the Europa League final.

She needed the extra bit of luck today, her nerves were at full force and it was coursing through her blood like a formula one car going at full speed. It all felt unreal, being in the semi-final of the biggest European League in Football History, and to be up against Real Madrid felt insane.

"More than." She hums softly, moving a loose piece of hair out of her face before she picks up the Match Flag and walks out of the changing rooms with Kai. She patted Mendy on the back as she moved to stand in front of him, looking back at her team and smiling at Mason before she looked forward and led her team out of the tunnel.

They did the usual standing in a line beside the Ref and swapping of Match Flags before they got into position on the field. Once the whistle was blown, the ball was being passed back and forth between both sets of teams and their players before Tony Kroos had a shot on target, which Mendy saved.

Delilah started to shout at a few of the back players for not defending well enough before she shook her head and continued on with the game, feeling a little sick to the stomach at the though of losing the match.

The next thing that made her nervousness even worse was Mason having a goal saved by Courtois, her boyfriend sitting on the grass from where he'd slipped as she walked over and helped him up off of the ground.

"Not gonna shout at me?" Mason laughs teasingly, watching her shake her head with a soft smile.

"Don't let the others find out, they'll have you done for favouritsm, Captain." He winks at her, the cameras for BT Sport capturing the adorable moment between the two before they got back into play.

17 minutes into the tense match, Ben kicks the ball over to Timo who hits it into the back of the net with ease. Just before he could start celebrating with the rest of his team, the offside flag goes up and the goal is disallowed. 

"Fuck." Timo shouts angrily as he see's his Captain walking over. Instead of shouting at him like he assumed she would, she patted him on the back and told him his goal would come in due time. He smiled, patting her on the back as well before he cast his eyes upon the scene in front of him, a sea of blue and white dressed players around them.

Another near goal from Real Madrid came next, a few Chelsea players looking towards their captain to just see her shrug and carry on. It seemed that her nervousness had died down massively now that they'd scored a goal, which was deemed offside, but it meant that Madrid players were bound to start making easy mistakes to spot.

Only moments later was Kante making a fool out of the Spanish team and weaving his way in and out of the team, passing the ball over to Kai who tried his luck at scoring, only for it to hit the crossbar. Luckily, Timo was there to save it and head it into the back of the net, his teammates engulfing him in a proud hug, his Captain delighted with the goal they'd netted.

The rest of the first half was spent just defending their goal and being shouted at by Mendy for letting Madrid players get anywhere close to the goal itself. During the 15 minute break, Mason listened to Delilah give the team a bit of a telling off for how rubbish they had been defending before she told them to keep their spirits up, the usual.