N I N E T Y O N E

♡♡♡

August 30th, 2021
a check-up scan

Mason sat on the edge of the bed in his and Delilah's shared home as she walked in and out of her wardrobe a good dozen times trying to find something to wear. She felt miserable, anything she put on made her feel chunky and anything she used to love wearing on lazy days didn't even fit her anymore.

She was having a hard time adjusting to her growing bump, she loved her daughter more than anyone in the world but the fact she was making everything too small for her was agonising.

"I'm not going." Delilah announces quite angrily, throwing her clothes on the floor out of spite. Mason looked up from his phone and watched her shake her head, tying her hair out of her face before she goes to the otherside of the bed and gets under the quilt.

"You can't not go to a scan." Mason laughs a little.

"Well I've got nothing to wear so I'm not going." Lilah responds.

Mason furrowed his eyebrows, putting his phone down on the side before he pulled the covers off of her and took Lilah's hand in his. He pulls her up from the bed, taking her into the walk-in wardrobe and looks around for a moment before he picks out an outfit for her.

"Stop stressing out about the way you look. You're perfect in every way, and you're growing a human inside of you, no ones going to say anything if you wear joggers and a jumper for once." Mason reassures her, moving her hair out of her face again before she shakes her head.

"I don't fit in anything." Lilah admits.

"Then we'll go out and get some clothes for you, stop panicking. Wear my joggers for now." He presses a soft kiss to the crook of her neck before he takes some black nike joggers out for her to wear.

"Now come on, I want to see my daughter." Mason grins.

"Cheeky shit." Lilah laughs, letting him lean down to kiss her before he disappeared.

♡♡♡

"I'm nervous." Mason admits as Delilah pulls her car into a parking spot, opening the door to check if she was inside the lines before she shut it again. She turned the engine off and sat there for a moment, Mason intertwining their hands to let her know everything was going to go well.

"Please let her be okay." Lilah hums, looking at Mason as he smiles softly. 

"She will be, she'll be perfectly fine." Mason responds, pressing a kiss to the back of her hand before they decided to get out of the car and go into the hospital.

She checked in first, the nurses giving her a warm welcome before they took her to sit in the waiting area. Mason sat beside her, looking around at all the mother's in there sitting alone with no other half.

"Sorry but if they've got other halves then the other half should be ashamed of themselves, not showing up to their own baby's scan." Mason speaks quietly.

"Mase it's a Monday afternoon, not everyone gets the privilege of having days off like us." Lilah shakes her head, watching him shrug before he looks down at her.