O N E - N I N E T Y N I N E

♡♡♡

may 9th, 2036
their final appearance as blues
chelsea v man city

Mason and Delilah look at one another with smiles on their faces, dressed in their last kit for their final appearance for Chelsea ever. Maisie, Amelie and Mollie were all dressed in the same kit, standing with their parents in the tunnel of Stamford Bridge as someone announces them to the crowd. 

Maisie felt tears forming in her eyes at the standing ovation her parents received when they walked onto the pitch, looking around at all the Blues fans who were cheering them on for the last time. Mason and Delilah were both on the verge of crying as they looked around themselves, taking in all the love from all the fans whilst someone read out their stats over the loudspeaker.

"You ready?" Mason asks, looking at his wife who just shook her head. She wrapped her arms around her husband softly, letting her head rest on his chest as he pressed a kiss to the top of her head, comforting one another quietly.

They made the decision to retire a few weeks ago simply as they had grown tired of playing. Neither of them were getting to play that much anymore given that there were new academy players coming through to the first team and both were worried about getting long-lasting injuries from matches.

Telling the team, or what was left of the OG 2021 team, was heartbreaking, but it was for the best. And now here they were, in the new, improved and slightly larger Stamford Bridge being given a standing ovation for everything they've done for the club in the last 32 years.

"18 years playing in the first team, 1 Europa League title, 5 Champions League titles, 8 Premier League titles, 3 Super Cup titles, 6 FA Cup titles and 7 Community Shield titles, the pair have become some of our most decorated academy graduates to date."

"You've won loads." Amelie gasps as she looks up at them both.

"Let's hope you three can win just as much." Mason grins, pulling all three of his daughters to his side as the crowd gives them yet another standing ovation.

Once all of those shenanigans had stopped, the younger Mounts went to sit in the family stand with everyone on Mason's side of the family to watch their final match. Both of them were starting as a leaving gift from Thomas Tuchel, and yes, that also means that Delilah is wearing her Captain's Armband again.

The match went perfectly, and by the time half-time rolled around they were already beating City 4 nil. Both of them went into the changing rooms with the younger kids on the squad clapping along to Liquidator and returned to the pitch with enthusiasm coursing through their veins.

Soon after half-time, one of the younger strikers made a pass over to Delilah as she was close to the halfway line, and in true Delilah fashion, she decided to turn on her heel and boot it 56 yards into the goal. The crowd went absolutely mad as she was embraced by every player on the pitch, Maisie, Amelie and Mollie screaming their heads off in the stands.

"What a volley that was." Mason smiles, high-fiving her before the game continued.

Mason was also given the chance to score towards the end of the match, assisted by none other than his mrs who was more excited about the goal he had just scored than he was. The pair of them were hugged by all the players before the whistle blew for full-time, everyone giving them yet another standing ovation as they walked off the pitch and down the tunnel for the very last time.

♡♡♡

themountfamily

themountfamily

once a pair of blues, always a pair of blues 💙
(p.s. lilah and I are buried under everyone here 😂)

tagged; lilahmount, masonmount

liked by maisiemount, chelseafc and 26,992,885 others

comments are off.

♡♡♡