O N E - T H I R T Y O N E

♡♡♡

August 13th, 2022
the day Baby Rice arrives

Declan hummed as he stood in the line with Lilah in Selfridges, the West Ham midfielder leaning down to look at Maisie who was fast asleep in her pram. He ran a finger over his nieces cheek before he stood back up straight, looking around for Lauren and Mason who were supposed to be in the line as well.

"Where's Lauren?" Declan asks with panic, noticing his Mrs wasn't anywhere to be seen.

"Ring her." Lilah looks around as well, furrowing her eyebrows at the fact Lauren had gone missing.

Declan pulled his phone out of his pocket and notices the various missed calls and texts he had from both his Mrs and Mason, Lilah doing the same and seeing the missed calls she had too. He rang Lauren back immediately, Lilah ringing Mason, the pair of them picking up at the same time to tell them the exact same thing.

"Lauren's in labour!"

The two friends looked at one another with wide-eyes, receiving the news at the exact  same time. That's when Declan went into full on panic mode, the pair of them leaving the line in Selfridges and dashing out of the store as quickly as possible to find their missing friends.

"I'm gonna be a dad." Declan stops all of a sudden, his face as white as paper. Lilah stops beside him, watching how he processes the news in his head and nearly faints.

"Dec, hey, listen to me. You are gonna be an incredible dad, you have been to Raffa, you've been an incredible Uncle to Maisie and now you get your own little baby. I cannot wait to meet Baby Rice, and I cannot wait to see how incredible you're gonna be with him." Lilah reassures him, giving him a smile before he leans down and hugs her softly.

"Anyway! Come on, Baby Rice is on his way!"

♡♡♡

Mason smiled as he held Maisie in his arms, sitting beside Lilah who was half asleep leaning on his shoulder. The waiting room of the hospital was loud and hectic, but some how both of his girls were sleeping like nothing was going on around them.

Declan and Lauren had gone into their room 10 minutes ago just to get comfortable, so Lilah and Mase said they would wait outside whilst they got settled in there. Once they had gotten settled, Declan walked into the waiting room and told them that they were fine to go into their room now.

"You guys were in this room as well, weren't you?" Declan asks.

"We were." Mason smiles as he sits down with Maisie. Lilah was still half-asleep so Lauren told her to lie down on the sofa for a while to get some rest whilst her little one is sleeping.

"Look at how peaceful she is." Lauren smiles.

"Do you think Maisie and Baby Rice are gonna be best mates like we were growing up?" Declan questions, looking over at Lilah momentarily before looking at Mason.

The two lads fell into a deep rabbit hole talking about their friendship whilst Lauren, Lilah and Maisie were fast asleep in dreamland. Mason couldn't be more excited for Declan to have his own little one, it meant the pair of them could go out together and show the world what awesome dad's they are.

It went quiet for a moment, Declan letting his eyes wander around the room and letting them settle on everyone for a moment, reminding himself of how thankful he is to have people like that in his life.

Maisie started to cry moments later, waking Lilah up as if it was her 6th sense. She rubbed her eyes to get rid of the sleep before she took her daughter from Mason to feed her, sighing deeply as she sat back against the sofa to do so.

Mason and Declan fell into conversation again, Lilah listening and occasionally chipping in whilst she fed Maisie, Lauren still fast asleep which was easing her pain and getting her through labour with more ease.

♡♡♡

Lilah and Mason had been returned back to the waiting room as Lauren and Declan had gone into the delivery room about half an hour ago. Maisie was awake and as quiet as a mouse, sitting on Lilah's lap, holding onto her mum's thumbs and laughing at silly things Mason was doing.

"God I cannot wait for her to meet her best friend." Lilah smiles.

"I can't either." Mason beams, leaning his head on her shoulder before looking at Maisie.

"Daddy's girls are beautiful." He whispers whilst taking one of Maisie's hand and pressing a kiss to Lilah's forearm. The three of them were content, a happy family if you may, and Mason didn't want it any other way, he wanted things to stay like this forever.

After a while Declan walked into the waiting room with his baby boy in his arms, Mason and Lilah both immediately getting to their feet to meet the little bundle of joy. Declan had tears in his eyes, and he was looking down at his baby boy like he'd just fallen in love all over again.

"Dec he's gorgeous." Mason pats his best friend on the back softly.

"And look, Maisie already loves him." He adds in, watching how his daughter made grabby hands at the newborn baby. Lilah moved her a little closer and watched how she just pressed her hand against the newborn's cheek, smiling her little face off before she made grabby hands for Mason.

"Hi little one." Lilah coos over the baby when she'd handed Maisie over to Mason.

"What's his name?" Lilah asks, looking up at Declan as he grins like a little kid.

"Theodore-James Rice." Dec grins.

"TJ and MJ in the house." Mason laughs softly.

"TJ and MJ for life."

♡♡♡

important notice!

author's note - hello my loves! I'm sorry for being gone for a week, I'm not even joking I've had such a hectic week at work and just in general with my personal life (boys. I've missed so many red flags this week but today made up for it). i hope everyone's okay! Hey There Delilah is nearly at a million, I'm literally in such shock over this and I'm so so so thankful for this

in hindsight, is there anything in particular people want to see for when I do hit a million? I've been trying to come up with something to give you guys as a thank you but I have absolutely no clue. 

i hope you're all having a lovely weekend, and i hope you all enjoyed watching Mason get his wisdom teeth taken out the other day haha x