O N E - T W E N T Y T H R E E

♡♡♡

May 22nd, 2022
the final match of the season...

Lilah deeply sighed as she stood at her changing room cubby, her eyes closed and her head racing with adrenaline and nothing more. Today's match decided on who won the premier league, Manchester City were first with 85 points after their match earlier on in the day and Chelsea were in 2nd with 83. 

If they won today, they won the premier league. Something Lilah and Mason both had been dreaming about since they were kids, they'd won the Champions League and the Super Cup, and now it was time to win the Premier League.

She had never felt more pressure in her life, she had the entire team breathing down her neck to score and the entire fanbase watching her every move. One mistake and she would never forget about it, one mistake and she'll be humiliated for life.

"Hey, what's up?" Jorginho asks, patting her shoulder.

"Nervous." Lilah admits, turning around to face him. He watches her for a moment as she ties her hair back out of her face, giving her reassuring smile to try and calm her nerves.

"Everything is going to be fine." He places a hand on her shoulder, giving it a little squeeze before he left the changing rooms to get in line.

She was thankful that it was just pre-match training, the girl walking out of the changing rooms and down the hallway to find Christie and Maisie. Christie happily smiled when she saw Lilah, turning Maisie around and watched Maisie clap her hands happily to go to her mother.

"Hey sweetness." Lilah beams, tucking some of her daughters hair behind her ears.

Maisie just stared at Delilah, giving her mum a beaming smile before she placed her hand on her cheek. Christie admired them for a moment, appreciating how no matter how busy Delilah got, she always made time for her daughter.

"She's excited to see Mummy kick some ass." Christie grins happily.

"Let's hope so." Lilah beams, giving her little one a tight squeeze and a kiss before giving her back to Christie.

♡♡♡

45 minutes later and she's standing in the tunnel at the front of a straight line, the Captain's Armband tight around her upper arm and her kit as smooth as a blanket. One mistake and your career is over, Lilah, make it your best performance yet.

She shook the fear away as she walked onto the pitch, the fans in Stamford Bridge giving the entire team a standing applause as they did so. Liquidator was playing in the background and banners were being flown around in the stands by hopeful people who wanted their team to win.

The match started off well, the team managing to get a few shots on target but nothing had gone in as of yet. 40 minutes in and nothing had happened, the Blues were just passing the ball back and forth between the players and Lilah was sick of it.

The second she got hold of the ball she sprinted across the pitch without a care in the world, booting it into the box but completely missing the goal. All she heard was the sighs of the crowd, her heart beating against her chest as she turned around and saw the various dirty looks she'd gotten from the team.