E I G H T Y O N E

♡♡♡

July 31st, 2021
the gender reveal

In the 6 days that Mason had known about his baby, he'd all of a sudden become over-protective of his fiance. He would allow her to go places on her own, wouldn't let her drink caffeine or eat certain foods and he was especially protective of who walked by in case they knocked her over or bumped into her.

She found it cute for the first two days, but everytime he would do it now she would tell him off and tell him she can take care of herself. Mason knew she was just being stubborn, but he didn't want anything to harm the love of his life or the baby inside of her.

"Be careful." Mason warns her as she stands at the top of the steps leading to the Villa.

"Mason Tony Mount, it's a set of stairs, stop being so protective." She shakes her head, but of course god wasn't on her side and she slipped off of one of the steps. Mason caught her arm and held her weight until she got back onto her feet, the brunette just raising his eyebrows at her to which she responded by slapping him across the back of the head.

"Ow, don't abuse me 'cause you know I'm right." Mason laughs a little, intertwining their hands as they walked down the street.

"I'll abuse you as much as I want, it's someone's fault I'm pregnant in the first place." She teases him, watching him shake his head before he leans down and presses a soft kiss to the side of her head.

"Have you spoken to any of the coaches at Chels yet?" Mason questions.

"Spoken to everyone but the team, gonna tell them when we're back." Lilah responds, smiling at the waitress who seated them at the restaurant.

"What've they said about your training?" Mason looks at her as she tucks her hair behind her ears.

"I'm allowed to train with you lot until I think it's dangerous, or when they think it's dangerous, after that I'll be doing light drills to keep me up to speed but mostly coaching you lot at the same time." Lilah informs him, watching him nod.

She was pretty relieved to say the least, she didn't want to miss out on too much training in case she lost her skills over the amount of time she was off for. But she was thankful that the coaching staff were willing to help her out as much as possible, and thankful that Tuchel didn't just immediately say she had to be on bed rest.

"I assume you can't play any matches?" Mason asks.

"Nope, but he's told me I can still spectate and if we win the Supercup then I get to lift the trophy, being the 1st Captain and all." She smiles, tucking some hair behind her ear again.

"Who gets the armband for the foreseeable future?" He questions again.

"Azpi does, but there's a possibility it could change during the season so stay positive okay?" Lilah respond.

The pair of them spent the next hour or so talking over breakfast whilst Lauren was at the villa setting up for the gender reveal they were going to walk into when they got back. She figured it would be best to do it on their last day so they could go home knowing if they were having a boy or a girl, and it also meant Declan and the rest of the family got to know at the same time.