F O R T Y

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

Delilah hummed softly as she looked at her reflection in the mirror, smoothing out the fabric before she moves her hair behind her shoulder and leans forward to do her mascara. Mason was lying on their bed in his black slacks and a white dress top, his oxfords sitting by their bedroom door as he was making very little effort to finish getting dressed.

Declan walked in only moments later and grinned, dressed similarly to Mason except his pants were the same colour as Delilah's dress and he had his shoes on. He smiled at Lilah, pressing a kiss to her cheek before sitting down on the bed beside Mason to see what his best friend was up to.

"Mase get your shoes on." Lilah huffs, finishing with her mascara before she chucks it into her bedside drawer and moves into their wardrobe to get some heels.

"Do you have to wear heels?" Mason groans.

"Do you want me to look like an idiot wearing flats with a dress? No, you don't." Lilah answers for him, smiling at him cheekily as she sits down beside Declan and slips the black heels on, buckling them around her ankle.

"So, Mr Rice, how are things with Lauren going?" Lilah asks her best friend, watching a pink tint appear on his cheeks.

"Everything's good. I really like her." Declan grins.

"And you didn't invite her to the wedding?" Mason asks.

"No, I didn't want to burden her." Declan sighs.

"Declan ask her right now." Delilah looks at him, raising an eyebrow as he sighs.

"I can't, not on the actual day." Declan hums, wallowing in sadness for a moment.

Deliah reaches over him and grabs her phone from the bedside table, unlocking it and going into her contacts and pressing on Lauren's contact. Declan goes wide-eyed as he see's her name on her screen, the girl swiftly moving away from him before he could put the phone down.

"Hey Lilah!" Lauren beams.

"Hey Lauren, are you busy by any chance today?" Delilah questions, slapping Declan's hand away from her.

"Not at all, why what's up?" Lauren responds.

"Well now you are. You're coming to a wedding with me, Mase and Dec." Lilah grins.

"Oh, Declan's gonna be there." Lauren hums softly, a small smile tugging on her lips on the other end of the line.

"I'll pick you up in half-an-hour, is that enough time?" Lilah questions.