O N E - F I F T Y T H R E E

♡♡♡

January 31st, 2027
spurs v chelsea

The changing rooms were silent as the Chelsea team got changed into their kits, no music or talking from Tuchel could be heard, just the light breaths around the changing rooms. There wasn't a reason for the silence, maybe it was more because they were focused on the upcoming London Derby. 

Tension was filling the room, the players felt an awkwardness between Lilah and Mason and they only ever felt that level of awkwardness whenever the couple had an argument prior to the match. It wasn't common that they argued but when they did it was a full-on shouting match that neither of them could control.

They listened as their Skipper slapped her boots together 3 times, a superstition she'd picked up over the last few years as she believed it gave her good luck, before she walked out of the changing rooms without another word.

"God it's so quiet." Christian speaks up, sighing deeply.

"Why do you guys make everything awkward when you have an argument? Just kiss and make up." Declan teases, nudging Mason teasingly before he walked out of the changing rooms as well. 

Lilah was already on the pitch doing her pre-match warm-up, waving at fans who had travelled to watch the away game at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium before continuing to train like her life depended on it. Being away from Mason for even just a little while made her feel less stressed and a lot more focused on the game ahead than she was earlier.

Soon enough, the team were out of the changing rooms and doing their pre-match warm-ups whilst the Spurs were on the other side doing the same, Harry Kane occasionally looking at the girl who he lost his England Captaincy to during the World Cup last year. It was a hard pill for him to swallow, but he understood that he wasn't in his prime years anymore and that Delilah was getting deeper into her prime as time went on.

45 minutes came and went quickly, soon enough all the teams were back inside the changing rooms getting ready for the cold night ahead of them. Lilah lined up at the front with her rainbow armband on, Mendy standing behind her and the rest of the team standing behind them.

Pre-Match rituals were done, friendly handshakes took place and now they were lined up on the pitch in position ready to take on their London rivals. The whistle blew, Lilah immediately spun with the ball under her foot and passed to Declan before any Spurs player could steal it from her.

The first goal came from Declan, Lilah immediately jumping on his back to congratulate him on his first goal at Chelsea, the brunette cheering before wrapping his best friend in a hug, quietly thanking her for the assist.

Plenty of drama ensued, fouls left right and centre, arguments between the opposing teams, yellow cards are thrown out all over the place. Half-Time was spent being screamed at by Tuchel, Lilah then taking a ripping into her players for not helping one another out, 15 minutes spent full of more screaming.

The second half improved massively, a goal from Finnegan put the Blues 2 nil in front and a cocky smirk had settled upon her face when she saw Dele Alli get a yellow card for arguing with the Ref. Spurs were witnessing their own downfall being handed to them by their rivals, and it was bloody fantastic.

74 minutes had passed by now, and the ball was underneath Mason's feet for the first time that evening, as plenty of people had been passing to their skipper in hopes to improve their chances at scoring another goal. Dele Alli was running alongside him and in all attempts to stop them from scoring, he tried his hardest to stop Mason from getting close, and did so by kicking him in the shin and accidentally in the face.