O N E - E I G H T E E N

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

April 5th, 2022
3 days after the Chelsea win against Brentford...

"She's been called the next Ronaldo and after a stunning win against Brentford this past Saturday in which saw her hit 2 goals past the opposing team at her first game back since having a baby, she's here today to talk to us." Holly Willoughby smiles, looking over at Delilah who was just as smiley.

"An incredible footballer who's been making headlines for the last 5 years, was nominated for the Balon D'Or last year for her amazing run through the season has joined us today to talk about the challenges of being a footballer and a mother." Phillip Schofield continues, the camera zooming out to show Holly, Phillip and Delilah sitting on the sofa in the 'This Morning' studio.

"First of all, massive congratulations to you and Mason on your little one, how has motherhood been treating you so far?" Phillip questions, looking at the Chelsea striker.

"I'm gonna be completely honest and say it's been quite difficult. Straight after she was born she was well behaved for 2 weeks and then she just got fussy with her formula and used to start screaming if Mason left for training. She's calmed down a little bit since then but there's the odd moment where I leave her with our Nanny and she just screams the house down because she wants us to stay there." Lilah admits, moving some hair out of her face.

"Speaking of training... you played your first match in 8 months on Saturday right? How did it feel to be back out on the pitch playing again?" Holly asks with a subtle smile.

"Oh my god it was like Christmas. I walked out with the team and it was just cheers all around the stadium, banners hung from the stands and all sorts. I absolutely love playing last night, felt great to be back on the pitch and it also felt great to get 2 goals in." 

"I know that there was a lot of doubt from uh, from Chelsea fans about you being back and there was actually quite a lot of arguments on twitter weren't there?" Holly looks at her, watching her nod sheepishly.

"Yeah there was a lot, a lot of comments all over socials. I'm not usually one to go rifling through my comments or like hashtags but I was so elated after the win I thought like 'Oh maybe people were impressed with my performance, I'll have a look' and I was just met with complete backlash." Lilah admits, nodding her head a little.

"That for you must've been quite heartbreaking, you talk about mental health quite often and how negative comments can take over someones positive aspect on life, did those comments do that to you?" Phillip continues, watching her nod in response.