S E V E N T Y T W O

♡♡♡

July 7th, 2021
england v denmark

Mason hummed softly as he rolled onto his side, opening his eyes to see what time it was on his phone, only to be met with Declan lying there staring at him with a grin on his face. He jumped away from him, slapping him on the arm which caused the West Ham player to burst into laughter.

"What the hell are you doing?" Mason asks.

"Just thought I'd scare you." Dec shrugs, watching Delilah in the corner of her eye move into the bathroom so she could scare him in a moment.

"Yeah well, you did it, so go away." Mason shakes his head, getting out of bed and going into the bathroom. He shut the door behind him, unaware his other half was standing behind it. She narrows her eyes again before she decided to sneak up behind him, pressing her hands into his side which caused him to yelp.

"You little-" Mason shakes his head at her as he turns around.

"Morning." She beams.

"You excited for tonight?" Mason asks, watching her nod her head slowly before she moves to sit on the bathroom counter.

"You okay?" He asks again.

"Dizzy." Lilah hums in response, leaning her head back against the mirror.

"Do you want some water?" Mason looks at her, tucking some hair behind her ear as she shut her eyes. She shook her head, breathing in and out to calm herself down whilst Mason brushed his teeth, eyes full of worry and confusion as to why all of a sudden she felt terrible.

"Best not be shagging in there you two, Southie's rule of no sex still stands." Declan calls out.

"Piss off." Lilah calls out, listening to him laugh before he leaves the room.

Mason helps Delilah back into their room, letting her lay in his bed whilst he got dressed for the pre-training activities and the team dinner beforehand. Once he had, he carefully watches his girlfriend get dressed in her room to make sure she didn't collapse or fall over like she had done the past few days in the England camp.

They made their way downstairs into the hotel cafe for breakfast, Delilah choosing to sit with Chilly and Saka to see how the pair of them were. She knew Chilly was having a hard time coping with being benched, wondering if he was actually useful to the squad at all, and to him, it felt like he wasn't.

Once the team had finished up with breakfast, they took their mid-morning stroll and did a light gym session before heading off for lunch. At lunch, Delilah decided to sit with Mason so she could rest her head on his shoulder, not feeling great still. 

She daren't tell Southgate she wasn't feeling great though, she wouldn't be able to handle not playing in the semi-final or the final, if they got through that was. She was sure it was just a migraine starting up to settle in for the rest of the day, she couldn't think of anything else that it could be if she was honest.

Soon enough, team lunch was over and they made their way back into the gym for yet another session. The only thing Finnegan did was help the lads with their weights, watching them all show off as per usual before she sat down on one of the benches for a drink.