T H I R T Y S I X

author's note - this is a gogglebox inspired chapter, so you're basically getting wholesome Dec, Lilah and Mason content 💙 p.s if you don't know what gogglebox is please watch it! it's fabulous!

♡♡♡

"Do you know what I proper fancy?" Declan speaks as he sits down on one side of the sofa. Lilah was in the kitchen making drinks for everyone and Mason was on the opposite side of the sofa to Declan with his Chelsea training jumper on.

"A girlfriend?" Lilah speaks as she walks into the living room with the drinks.

"Oh, well, I'd love one of those." Declan scoffs jokingly, making Lilah and Mason laugh a little.

"I want one of them cake things with the cream on top, and it's got like icing around it in like pink, yellow or brown." He continues his original statement.

"Do you mean a French Fancy?" Lilah asks.

"Oh my god! Yes, do you have any?" Declan responds, looking at her as she shrugs.

"Mate she's got a stash of sweets in the top right of the cereal cupboard which she thinks I don't know about." Mason speaks up, earning him a slap on the leg from his girlfriend.

"They're in the biscuit cupboard beside the protein bars." She informs Declan as she nestles into the sofa beside Mason whilst Declan got his French Fancy.

"You do know they're all going to be gone by the time he leaves?" Mason looks at her.

"Good job there's an extra packet in my secret stash then aye?" Delilah grins, nudging her boyfriend softly as he moves his arm behind her to rest on the back of the sofa.

Declan returned soon after with the whole box in his hand, smiling cheekily at the couple before he sits down on the sofa again and gets comfortable. Mason scrolls through Netflix to find the new season of Drive to Survive, clicking onto the show and scrolling to one of the episodes they hadn't watched yet.

The episode started, the three friends in complete silence as they watched the first half of the episode without saying a word to one another. Declan was eating his French Fancies during the episode, his eyes not leaving the screen at all until Mason spoke up.

"Do you already know what happens?" Mason asks.

"Well it's the Bahrain GP so yeah, but I'll stay quiet so I don't spoil it for you." She replies, moving her hair out of her face as the race starts.

Both Mason and Declan watched with absolutely no clue what was going to happen, Delilah preparing to see the fireball crash that Romain Grosjean had to endure during the race as she kept up with Formula 1 regularly.

"Holy shit." Declan gasps as the car crashes.

"That's awful." Mason speaks up.

"I bet that's absolutely terrifying for the driver, bless him." Declan frowns.

"I think that's the worst crash since the Anthoine Hubert crash in 2019." Delilah speaks up, moving her hair out of her face.

"So wait, what's happening? Is he alive?" Declan questions with concern, sitting up against the back of the sofa at the same time as Mason.