16 - Different people from different worlds

Being pulled out of her peaceful, subconscious sleep, Teresa's eyes opened, the golden light shining brightly through her curtains, creating a hue color in her bedroom. Waking up is the start of another kind, focused and luxurious day.

Her eyebrows furrowed as much as they could from her recent drowsiness as she felt something against her. Felt something behind her, pressed against her back, the reason for her warmth. She looked down and saw the fair light skinned, strong and bigger than hers, arm and hand, around her body. She already knew who it was so she didn't have to turn around, but a smile crept it's way on her face.

He stayed, She thought, smiling to herself.

Teresa didn't remember much from yesterday or when did she fall asleep, nor remembering when he fell asleep alongside her, but she was more than thrilled and content that he did stay, her body against his.

She ran her hand over his arms, not expecting it to be as smooth as hers due to men having hair there. And she felt the little hairs, but it didn't make his arm any less smooth and gorgeous. His skin was gorgeous. Curious, she placed her hand on his, softly giggling at how small her hand was compared to his. His fingers thread between them, catching her by surprise and she looked over to see him staring at her, his eyes still showing the sleepiness, his hair tousled against the pillow. She could remember every single detail of his eyes, so mesmerizing.

She turned on her side, threading her fingers through his hair. "You stayed" She whispered and he took her hand from his hair, kissing her palm. "I didn't want to leave" He responded and she asked why. Not that she didn't believe it, she did, she was just curious about his answer. He could tell she were baiting his feelings, but he answered truthfully anyway saying,

"Wondered how it felt to wake up next to you" He brushed her hair away from her face, her hand instinctively going up to curl it behind her ear.

"How does it feel?" She asked and he grinned, surprised by her question. He wouldn't have thought she would ask.

"Non ci sono abbastanza parole al mondo"(There aren't enough words in the world) He said, honestly. And there weren't. He could say waking up to her felt special. Waking up next to her felt like something he wanted to do every single day. Waking up to her made him realize that he never wanted to spend a single night without her beside him. He wouldn't ever be satisfied to close his eyes in an empty bed without her body curled into him. It wouldn't feel the same anymore, it wouldn't be the same.

It isn't the same.

But even if he said all of this, it still wouldn't suffice. It couldn't cover how he really felt, because how he felt wasn't so simple. It was greater than that.

Teresa smiled, knowing whatever he said was meaningful and probably beautiful too. He always said things like that to her in Italian. He even said so.

She looked down at her fingers, a frown appearing on his face, confused by her lack of thrilled expression.

"Portami nel tuo mondo" (Take me into your world) She said, looking up to discover his surprised look. It showed clear as day in his eyes, causing her to giggle. "Did I say it right? " She laughed and he chuckled, shaking his head.

" Your pronunciation could have been better, but I understood you. Is that all you learned? " He grinned and she nodded, unfortunately. " So? " She questioned and his eyes dimmed, his grin decreasing so was his happy mood. He understood she really wanted to be closer to him and he took her words seriously. But she was rarely involved now and before, she didn't like it at all. Besides, he doesn't want her to be any more involved than she is now. It was too dangerous, too risky to put her in the scene like that.