27 - Count yourself Lucky

From the small sound of the ding indicating a notification, Luciano squinted his face and groaned, hating being awoken.

Turning around and reaching over swiftly causing the bed to dip, he grabbed his phone and sighed, noticing it was 2pm, later than when he usually wakes up.

Setting it down, now awake, he stared at the reason for his sleepiness. Teresa, better yet...

Tesoro.

He grins staring down at her face, still sleeping peacefully, beautifully. Like an Angel, even though he knew she was nothing of the sort, and not as an insult.

Her face still on the right of his chest, her other arm across his stomach, her hair sprawled and tousled only reminding him of the events that caused it. Her naked body was even more confirmation that it was real, though he knew it was.

Slowly, not wanting to wake her up, he slid to the left, letting her head slide onto the pillow and she groaned, but she didn't wake up and instead turned on her side, back into yet another ball. Luciano pulled the blanket back up after slipping a little from this movement.

It was hard not to stare at her. She was his, and she didn't even know it.

Walking downstairs, remembering what he was getting up for. Opening the door, stood a few men, a stack of boxes and to the right was Ana, in her normal red professional body dress, her hair in a back bun and a cappuccino in her left hand, her phone in her right.

She looked up, Luciano not saying anything, just standing to the side and nodding for them to go in. Ana wasn't necessary, but he had her make sure and confirm everything before they made it to his house, safety precautions.

After handing him the paper to sign for all his deliveries, and his credit card, she turned around, walking away, Luciano not sparing another glance before he too turned and walked inside the house.

Only a little irritated, due to him not liking to be around strangers let alone allowing them in his house, he vaguely and quickly told them where to set each item down.

It was all going into an empty room. A room on the last floor, the last one in the back. Nothing was there previously, so he decided to give it to her. Like her own entertainment or hobby room. Something she could appreciate.

After making sure his door was locked from the exit of the workers, he groaned, staring at all the boxes stacked and sprawled throughout the spacious room.

He could have his maid set everything up, but she was a woman and it wasn't idealistic to have her carrying such heavy things, whether she could or not, he wouldn't allow it. His men definitely weren't maids or workers, and besides he wanted to do something for Teresa on his own. He always did buy her things, but he didn't do anything but hand her a card. It's not everyday he gets to do something like this.

Before he did anything, he decided to go into his downstairs bathroom, which he rarely ever has been in, but he didn't want to wake Teresa using his. He brushed his teeth, two times, as usual and cleaned his face. He didn't shower or put on a shirt or anything because he would probably either wrinkle them or get them sweaty while working on everything and he didn't want that.

Closing the door to the room, he searched for the desk first. It was a desk with one table going horizontal and it connected to another that went vertically. Like a triangle without the base to complete it. It was a simpler black color since he never bothered to ask her what hers was. Usually, he would have been able to figure anything out about a person through observation, but Teresa never wore just one kind of color and she only wore red most of the time because of his advice.