36 - My Promise to you

Teresa flipped the page of her book as she laid back in the hot Jacuzzi, reading. She realized just how peaceful being in the middle of nowhere with Luciano, alone. Luckily, she hasn't seen one crew member or that would have been a bummer.

Her eyes lifted, not being able to see Luciano because she was on the other side of the view, but she smiled, just knowing he was there.

Luciano stared at Teresa, his eyes not able to hide the love he had for her. At least when he was alone. He looked down with a grin, how happy he was. Happier than he's ever been.

He turned around, his face hardening as he held the phone up to his ear rudely asking, "What is it?"

"Your mother is here and she is an angry boss" He groaned, using his index finger and his thumb to rub his eyes. "Put her on" He ordered and he waited for a second before he heard,

"È questo che intendevi per blindsided? Ti sei alzato e sei partito?!" (Is this what you meant by blindsided? You up and left?!)

" Non sono una mamma Don 24 ore su 24" (I'm not a 24-hour Don mama) He said, believing every word of it. At least since Teresa came around, because he didn't see himself like that anymore.

"L'inferno che sei. Le cose non funzionano allo stesso modo senza di te figlio" (The hell you are. Things don't run the same without you son) He opened his mouth for a rebuttal, but she kept talking.

"Dove vi trovate?"(Where are you?)

He groaned, walking further upstairs just in case Teresa were to walk in. He didn't answer, but he heard her sigh, indicating she already knew and didn't like it.

" You shouldn't waste your time on her son. You have a business to run. That is your priority" His face frowned because he couldn't believe he was going to say these words, had he never said them before.

" Not anymore."

" Luci-"

" I love you Mama" He huffed and hung up the phone before she could say anything else.

He set his phone down on the counter, not wanting to be disturbed by it anymore. His mother wouldn't call back, he knew that much. She knew he wouldn't answer and he wouldn't continue a conversation his mind was set on. And his mind was set. On Teresa.

Luciano understood that he did choose to be a don, and his focus should be on his business and it is. But for once, he needed to be selfish and focus on him. Even if everyone didn't agree with it. Even if no one agreed with it.

He gazed outside at Teresa who's lips slid over the fork, taking the watermelon with her as she continued to stare into her book, reading, relaxed and in peace. With only the sounds of the few birds, the wind and the movement of the water heard. With only the warmth of the ball of hot gas shining over her. With only the luxury of happiness surrounding them.

How could he not be selfish? She was all he wanted, all he needed. Even if she didn't know it, he did.

He took his shirt off, walking outside towards her and she lifted her head from her book, his smile reflecting hers as he walked around behind her and she lifted her head back, his lips on hers briefly. She set the book down, closing the container to the fruit as he slid inside and she moved over, sitting on his lap.

"So I learned, I know almost absolutely nothing about you" He chuckled, noticing the same.

Almost like she was in love with a stranger.

He laid his hands on her waist, "What do you want to know?"

She perked up like she was waiting for him to say that and it didn't take her a second to think of a question. "How many committed relationships have you been in?" His lip twitched, now a little bothered with the thought of the answer to her question, but he answered anyway, hoping that's all she would press for.