47 - Bad News

Time Jump... A week later

____________________________________

Luciano walked out his room, buttoning his shirt and he heard Teresa again, coughing. He hasn't spoken to her since he told her they were done. He wanted very badly, but he couldn't succumb to his emotions, it turned out badly when he did the first time.

Walking downstairs, he heard the toilet seat close and flush and he saw Laura in the kitchen. She's been nicer than normal and if it were one thing he remembered about her from their time, she wasn't a nice person, he did like that about her but he was young and didn't actually know what he did like.

She turned around and saw him, smiling.

"I cooked breakfast" She grinned, sliding a plate of pancakes to him with butter on top and syrup. "So how did you sleep?" She questioned, handing him a fork and he didn't waste time cutting into the pancake. Something he rarely did, eat breakfast, or pancakes.

"Not as best I should, but I expected that" , He said, taking the sliced pancake off the fork with his mouth, Laura watching with a smirk. He looked up, his eyebrows furrowing as he saw Teresa walk in and she didn't glance at either of them, knowing that they were looking at her as she stood on her tippy toes, grabbing a box of cereal from the top of the fridge.

His eyes saw the prenatal vitamins he had gotten and he looked down at his plate.

"Hey are you busy?" Laura asked, but he had already gotten up, grabbing the vitamins from the shelf and slid his plate and the vitamins on the table, in front of Teresa.

"Hold that thought" He told Laura, walking away and Teresa finally raised her eyes to stare at him. She didn't mind eating cereal, but she was grateful he gave her his pancakes instead. Though he took a piece out of it, that made her giggle. She took the gummies and saw that Laura was making her way to the table causing her to get up, not wanting to be near her.

"Where are you going?" Laura questioned.

"Don't act as if you don't hate me. You don't have to pretend" Teresa rolled her eyes.

"No actually. I wanted you to stay, spend time with you" She said, confusing Teresa, not at all surprised though. Teresa sat her plate down staring at Laura, she knew bullshit when she saw it. Or heard it.

"Why did you take my ring?" She questioned, Adriano telling her last night.

" I thought Luciano gave it to you and I wanted something that could make me feel closer to him. " That were the truthful answer, but Teresa thought it was stupid considering the ring was sentimental value to her even if it were given by Luciano.

"So you take my ring? You know what" She shook her head, grabbing her plate.

"I think you wanted me gone from the beginning and I think you are screaming inside now that I'm not with Luciano. You are sad Laura." Teresa grabbed her plate and turned, walking away up the stairs and when Laura heard her door close, she punched the table, angry. Everything Teresa said was true, but she didn't care, she needed to gain their trust. Especially Luciano's. She didn't want to play nice with Teresa but the way to Luciano is also through Teresa whether they're fighting or not. If she doesn't get along with Teresa, Luciano would never drop his guard around her.

She would never be able to get close to him.

Teresa laid on the bed, rubbing her stomach. She did know one thing, Laura could cook.

-

Luciano threw on his coat, stepping out of the car and slamming the door closed. It was sunny out, hot and yet he still would wear a suit and a coat. Even if he and Adriano hadn't spoken since the incident, he was also there, beside him where he belonged. With his brother. They walk in the building, standing before Ricco's second man, Santino and his men.